Just finished the DAT, need to hear what I know is true.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toofster

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished my DAT and am overall extremely happy with my scores.

AA 23 / TS 23 / Bio 22 / GChem 19 / OChem 30 / RC 24 / PAT 25 / QR 22

I'm just really bothered by my Gen Chem score. I had expected to do far better, and I specifically remember a question that I had marked right and changed my answer to the wrong one later that brought me down to the 19. I know this is probably stupid and paranoid, but I'm worried that someone will look at the 19 as a stand out and be concerned. I also have a 3.95 overall gpa and 4.0 science gpa. Can someone slap some sense into me, or is my fear justified?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm just really bothered by my Gen Chem score. I had expected to do far better, and I specifically remember a question that I had marked right and changed my answer to the wrong one later that brought me down to the 19. I know this is probably stupid and paranoid, but I'm worried that someone will look at the 19 as a stand out and be concerned. I also have a 3.95 overall gpa and 4.0 science gpa. Can someone slap some sense into me, or is my fear justified?
You're fine.

Reactions: 3 users
Yes a 23 total science will be a HUGE red flag! Might want to retake.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Your fear is not justified! I understand your frustration. Your 4.0 GPA shows you are an exceptional student and the dental schools will feel the same way. Go relax and wait for the interviews to start rolling in.

Wishing you the absolute best!

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks everyone. I just needed to hear I was worrying for nothing.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.