Just finished the DAT! Retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

appleciderz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone just took it today.

QR 20
RC 22
BIO 19
GC 19
OC 22
TS 20
AA 20

But really really low PAT - 16. :( I really did not prepare enough for this section. I ended up freaking myself out (having to recount cubes, skipping too many of key holes, etc) running out of time/putting C for the last 27~ questions.

My sGPA is a 3.35 and overall GPA is a 3.5. My GPA is definitely on the lower side for dental school acceptances and I was hoping doing well on the DAT would help balance that out but now I'm really worried about such a low score on the PAT.

Members don't see this ad.

Nice job on everything else. If this happened to me, I would call dental schools and ask their opinion- some don't value PAT much at all...but if they do, I'd refresh the sciences to keep them active in my mind, drill the PAT, and kill it next time.

Hey everyone just took it today.

QR 20
RC 22
BIO 19
GC 19
OC 22
TS 20
AA 20

But really really low PAT - 16. :( I really did not prepare enough for this section. I ended up freaking myself out (having to recount cubes, skipping too many of key holes, etc) running out of time/putting C for the last 27~ questions.

Good morning appleciderz,

You scores are very nice and most schools in the NYC area would be ok with the 16 in PAT. My best advice would be to call the dental school you are applying to and discuss your situation.

I personally do not think a retake is necessary but lot depends on the dental schools you are applying to.

Wishing you the best...

Nancy

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
if you are confident that you can improve, I would retake. Just my opinion!
otherwise, like Nancy says, call each schools you have in your mind and ask about your scores

Reactions: 1 users