JUST finished the DAT. Thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmalensek

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished taking the DAT for the second consecutive summer. 3.52 GPA with a sGPA ~ 3.3. Sent in my AADSAS late (July 27th). Hoping for your guys' impressions:

PAT: 21
QR: 24
RC: 24
BIO: 21
GC: 21
OC: 23
TS: 21
AA: 23

Members don't see this ad.

I just finished taking the DAT for the second consecutive summer. 3.52 GPA with a sGPA ~ 3.3. Sent in my AADSAS late (July 27th). Hoping for your guys' impressions:

PAT: 21
QR: 24
RC: 24
BIO: 21
GC: 21
OC: 23
TS: 21
AA: 23

You need at least a 25 in every section and at least a 4.0 to get into dental school.

Maybe next year bro.

Members don't see this ad :)
Late into July is considered late? From what time period is it considered early then?

Late into July is considered late? From what time period is it considered early then?

Dude, my application was sent out on 29th of july and i THOUGHT i was early ! i was wrong. I was in the 6th batch and IF i assume each batch has 500 ppl in it, 2500 ppl were ahead of me. ppl who were ahead of me have filled up the interview spots for all of october and that leaves out November empty! ppl with 3.9 gpa and 23 DAT get rejected when they enter the game in september ! its brutal.

If i have to apply again, i will wana be in the first or second batch

Think it's a bit better to say its not super super early as in June 2nd early, but early, definitely not late. Since initial offers go out in Dec, you'd want to have your interview already completed meaning your app would have to have been received and reviewed before then. Taking all of those into consideration, I would consider June/July early, Aug/Sept middle, and Oct/Nov late.

As for your DAT- nice scores and GPA-you should be fine as far as numbers go.

What time usually is it for the first or second batches?

CONGRATS!
Questions on RC as u just took your DAT:
- Do the paragraphs have number? ( like (1)....
(2)...
- Do the paragraphs have sub-title?
- How do you compare the passages on the real thing to the ones in TS,Achiever and CrackDAT?

You need at least a 25 in every section and at least a 4.0 to get into dental school.

Maybe next year bro.

This response is getting as annoying as the post itself!

your score look fab... would you mind zooming in on the details of how you prepared and how was teh actual test like???? BTW I think you def have a chance! :)

CONGRATS!
Questions on RC as u just took your DAT:
- Do the paragraphs have number? ( like (1)....
(2)...
- Do the paragraphs have sub-title?
- How do you compare the passages on the real thing to the ones in TS,Achiever and CrackDAT?

the paragraphs are numbered, but no sub-titled. As length they are each 9-13 paragraphs long. Can't answer last Q, I used a GRE book instead.

the paragraphs are numbered, but no sub-titled. As length they are each 9-13 paragraphs long. Can't answer last Q, I used a GRE book instead.
similar to topscore, my passages were 14,21 & 14 para's. there were some questions which provided two facts, and you would have to respond which combination of the facts were true and false. I only came across one of these questions in the 2009 online exam, none in topscore.

Does this kid have a good chance though, Im pretty much similar in respect to stats but i have applied a good month later & am wondering how we fare in respect to the cycle, application batches, and interview spots.
Will everything offered after September really be that competitive ( >3.7 & >21?)

thanks

This response is getting as annoying as the post itself!

Yea seriously. The sarcasm was a little funny at first, but now its just getting old guys. It's a stressful time for everyone. Just say'n