Just Finished the DAT!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentaldreams2021

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow future dentists,

I just took my DAT today!!! After months of studying, the hard work paid off! :soexcited:

So I got my unofficial score report, and I compared it to the format of score reports of years past, and I noticed that only the standard score for each section is listed; not the percentile. On previous score reports, there was a column for percentile. I was really hoping to know my percentiles to gauge my performance. Will I ever find them out?

Do we get another copy/official score copy in the mail or can we look at them online? Is there a more detailed breakdown we get to see or this is it?

Lastly, and importantly, do we get to see the official score report sent to dental schools? Are the scores usually the same as the unofficial score report? I was wondering because at the bottom of the report it says "Before official DAT scores are distributed to dental schools, the DAT Program audits all responses to items in order to confirm the accuracy of the scores."

Thank you so much everyone :)

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations on finishing the DAT! The ADA doesn't release percentiles anymore on the unofficial score reports, only your standard score is reported. I would compare your scores with the dental schools you're interested in applying to with the ADEA Guide to Dental Schools to see if you're a competitive applicant. The average for acceptance is between a 19-20AA, so anything above that is a great score!

I've rarely seen a score report change. Usually that only applies if something happened during the testing process. Like someone last year got a 1 in the QR section in the unofficial score report, but that was because of a bug in the software. Upon auditing the exam their QR score was updated. So unless something like the power went out, your scores are your scores, congrats again! Enjoy the relaxation that follows. :)

Hello fellow future dentists,

I just took my DAT today!!! After months of studying, the hard work paid off! :soexcited:

So I got my unofficial score report, and I compared it to the format of score reports of years past, and I noticed that only the standard score for each section is listed; not the percentile. On previous score reports, there was a column for percentile. I was really hoping to know my percentiles to gauge my performance. Will I ever find them out?

Do we get another copy/official score copy in the mail or can we look at them online? Is there a more detailed breakdown we get to see or this is it?

Lastly, and importantly, do we get to see the official score report sent to dental schools? Are the scores usually the same as the unofficial score report? I was wondering because at the bottom of the report it says "Before official DAT scores are distributed to dental schools, the DAT Program audits all responses to items in order to confirm the accuracy of the scores."

Thank you so much everyone :)
Can't wait to hear your breakdown! From the sound of it you Destroyed it!

Nancy