Just Finished the DATs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

huskerslp

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished taking the DATs an hour ago. Overall, I am a little bit disappointed with my scores especially since this was my third time taking the exam! I am disappointed mainly in my General Chem and PAT scores. Here are my scores from the DATs i took on 1/05 and today.

1/05 Today
AA: 17 AA: 19
PA: 13 PA: 17 :mad:
QR: 18 QR: 19
RC: 19 RC: 20
BIO:16 BIO:19
GC: 19 GC: 17 :mad:
OC: 15 OC: 22
TS: 17 TS: 19

I'll make this very short for each section of the DATs:

PA: The angle rankings were practically impossible. The angles were off by no more than a couple of degrees, at least thats what I think.

QR: There was a lot of trig problems as well problem solving.

RC: I had sections on cell communication, effects of magnesium, and I forgot the other one. There were only a few questions about the tone of the section.

Bio: At least half of the questions invloved genetics. No classifications questions, which sucks, since I studied the most on.

GC: I have no idea how I got only a 17 on it. There were quite a few math problems.

OC: There were a lot of rxns within the section. The rxn questions ranged from substitution rxns to cleavage rxns.

I hope this scores and my mediocre gpa will be enough to get accepted. I guess i'll find in a few months.

Btw, thanks sdners for all your help. I picked up some good advice on how to prepare for this test from you guys. Thanks again.

Members don't see this ad.

huskerslp said:
I just finished taking the DATs an hour ago. Overall, I am a little bit disappointed with my scores especially since this was my third time taking the exam! I am disappointed mainly in my General Chem and PAT scores. Here are my scores from the DATs i took on 1/05 and today.

1/05 Today
AA: 17 AA: 19
PA: 13 PA: 17 :mad:
QR: 18 QR: 19
RC: 19 RC: 20
BIO:16 BIO:19
GC: 19 GC: 17 :mad:
OC: 15 OC: 22
TS: 17 TS: 19

I'll make this very short for each section of the DATs:

PA: The angle rankings were practically impossible. The angles were off by no more than a couple of degrees, at least thats what I think.

QR: There was a lot of trig problems as well problem solving.

RC: I had sections on cell communication, effects of magnesium, and I forgot the other one. There were only a few questions about the tone of the section.

Bio: At least half of the questions invloved genetics. No classifications questions, which sucks, since I studied the most on.

GC: I have no idea how I got only a 17 on it. There were quite a few math problems.

OC: There were a lot of rxns within the section. The rxn questions ranged from substitution rxns to cleavage rxns.

I hope this scores and my mediocre gpa will be enough to get accepted. I guess i'll find in a few months.

Btw, thanks sdners for all your help. I picked up some good advice on how to prepare for this test from you guys. Thanks again.

overall it seems good.
good job, wish you the best of luck

Those might not be the scores you wanted, but they are a good improvement of the last scores. People have been admitted with scores like that. :thumbup:

Not bad at all! In fact you almost have the same stats as I do! I would think that you have a great chance of being accepted! Adcoms are going to notice that you are persistant and that you are improving! These are two very important aspects that they look into! Good luck with your application

Members don't see this ad :)
u said very few math problems for GC? could u tell me exactly what kind of formulas were involved? I am studying GC like crazy right now and focus on formulas. and it seems u had conceptual problems more than math on GC, so could u tell me what kind of conceptual problems u had, if u remember it and u don't mind.

joonkimdds said:
u said very few math problems for GC? could u tell me exactly what kind of formulas were involved? I am studying GC like crazy right now and focus on formulas. and it seems u had conceptual problems more than math on GC, so could u tell me what kind of conceptual problems u had, if u remember it and u don't mind.

Joonkimdds, He said there were QUITE A FEW math questions on GC section. This means there were a lot! I can't figure out why the hell you are trying to figure out exactly what type of questions are on the DAT when you arn't going to be taking the test for two years! I think you have QUITE A FEW screws loose!