Just got back from Shadowing a Cardiologist

Started by Gigantron
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Gigantron

Robot
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Overall, the experience was fun. I found this cardiologist over the D.O. mentoring site. Turns out, this Doctor was voted as one of "America's Top Doctors" for 3-4 years consecutively, and was a professor of Cardiology at NYCOM. Other than that, I seriously wish I had more questions to ask him. This is why I am posting on this board. I tried to think up good questions to ask him, but I just couldn't. I was too interested in watching him diagnose patients and seeing patients for follow-ups. Do any of you guys have a good idea of what questions I should ask him when I shadow him again on Wednesday (other than asking him for a letter of recommendation of course 😛)?

Any feedback is appreciated.
 
Overall, the experience was fun. I found this cardiologist over the D.O. mentoring site. Turns out, this Doctor was voted as one of "America's Top Doctors" for 3-4 years consecutively, and was a professor of Cardiology at NYCOM. Other than that, I seriously wish I had more questions to ask him. This is why I am posting on this board. I tried to think up good questions to ask him, but I just couldn't. I was too interested in watching him diagnose patients and seeing patients for follow-ups. Do any of you guys have a good idea of what questions I should ask him when I shadow him again on Wednesday (other than asking him for a letter of recommendation of course 😛)?

Any feedback is appreciated.


Ask to discuss EKGs. They love that and you can never get enough practice.
 
Well, I just got back from another day shadowing him. He's a really nice person and even likes the fact that, after hearing about all of the bad stuff about medicine (and yes, he purposely told me bad things about medicine), that I am still committed to becoming a physician. And I was able to come up with more questions for him. Thankfully, he will now be writing a LOR for me, which is always good the BS/MD's that I am applying to.