Just got back from taking the DAT

Started by UFStudent
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

UFStudent

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Damn ... what a nerve racking experience. When you guys do take the DAT, make sure the person next is not typing a freaking essay.

Anyway, here are the numbers:

Academic Average - 20
PAT - 17
QR - 18
RC - 18
Biology - 22
GC - 19
OC - 21
TS - 21
 
I am taking the DAT in 3 weeks... I wish I had scores like yours... well... except for PAT 😱 Just kidding 🙂
Did you take any practice tests like TS or Kaplan?
 
Hey UFstudent, how many weeks did you study to get your natural science scores like those? I took my DAT once, but I plan on taking it again, hopefully early June...I just started studying for them today.
 
CopticOrthodox said:
Hey UFstudent, how many weeks did you study to get your natural science scores like those? I took my DAT once, but I plan on taking it again, hopefully early June...I just started studying for them today.

I studied for 6 months. Enrolled in the kaplan class. Read *MANY books. Topsore.

Basically, I made into my life.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UFStudent said:
I studied for 6 months. Enrolled in the kaplan class. Read *MANY books. Topsore.

Basically, I made into my life.

Awesome scores. The DAT won't be your life anymore..the admissions cycle will!!!
 
u did well on the DAT, don't worry about your PAT score, it is good enough for pretty much all schools as long as your GPA holds up.
 
Woodsy said:
u did well on the DAT, don't worry about your PAT score, it is good enough for pretty much all schools as long as your GPA holds up.

well, I did make president's honor roll this semester with 15 credits. So, I do hope they don't ponder the PAT score too much.

On a side note, I was surprised my PAT was a 17. I didn't think it was difficult. Maybe that section was scored real hard for me. Oh well.