Just got engaged!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stephie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm so excited because my boyfriend just proposed to me this afternoon! :love: At least now I'll be a lot happier while studying for my OChem I and Microbiology finals this weekend. :)

Members don't see this ad.

CONGRATS Stephie! How exciting! :)

Congrats!!!! :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
Stephie said:
I'm so excited because my boyfriend just proposed to me this afternoon! :love: At least now I'll be a lot happier while studying for my OChem I and Microbiology finals this weekend. :)

:D CONGRATS!!!! So... describe the ring!!! Picture maybe?? I love :love: diamonds!!

Congrats! That is great news! :)

Stephie said:

Good Stuff!!! Congratulations!

Stephie said:

How exciting Stephie! Was it a total surprise? You are going to have a very happy holiday this year! :)

Smilescali said:
How exciting Stephie! Was it a total surprise? You are going to have a very happy holiday this year! :)

Thanks to everyone for their replies!

I wasn't expecting to be engaged soon at all since my boyfriend (now fiance!) is writing his dissertation for his PhD. He totally surprised me with a great sushi lunch, a bottle of champagne, and flowers! It makes me feel great to know that he was planning something so nice for me while working so hard in school.

Thanks again guys!

sarahjth said:
:D CONGRATS!!!! So... describe the ring!!! Picture maybe?? I love :love: diamonds!!

We took some pictures at the restaurant so I'll try to post them if they came out well. The ring has a white gold band and a beautiful sparkly diamond in the center- sorry I can't be more descriptive but I'm not too well versed in ring terminology! :)

Thanks again!

Stephie said:

Congrats! Just don't let the bling distract you while doing your functional groups and your SN2 reactions.

Stephie said:

Congrats!!! Now you need to just avoid the trap of wedding planning instead of studying next semester! (My grades went down a bit the semester before I got married). It can be hard to resist those huge magazines sometimes :D

Moxxie said:
Congrats!!! Now you need to just avoid the trap of wedding planning instead of studying next semester! (My grades went down a bit the semester before I got married). It can be hard to resist those huge magazines sometimes :D
And don't get married soon after finals or your grades will drop bottom. I found out the hard way.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!! That's such wonderful news--and congrats for landing such a great guy. Planning out his proposal was super sweet

Congrats! Thats terrific news!!! Good Luck to you and Have a happy Holidays!

YAY!! What a lucky gal!! :love:

Congrats Congrats Congrats :D

I can attest to the fact that this guy is a great catch! He waited so patiently outside, sitting on a bench, for 4-5 hours while Stephie interviewed at Touro.

Stephie, congrats on finding someone who is so supportive and patient!

ICA said:
I can attest to the fact that this guy is a great catch! He waited so patiently outside, sitting on a bench, for 4-5 hours while Stephie interviewed at Touro.

Stephie, congrats on finding someone who is so supportive and
patient!

Thanks ICA- He really is one of a kind! :love:

sarahjth said:

I finally got a picture of my ring to post!

Thanks for all of your replies everyone!

Attachments

• studentdoctorringpicture.jpg
    studentdoctorringpicture.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 115
Stephie said:
I finally got a picture of my ring to post!

Thanks for all of your replies everyone!

SO pretty, I love white gold/silver rings!

you make me want to get a wife soon :)

after i get accepted, i'll try to propose to someone. jk

anyhow, congrats. it's a wonderful feeling to know you have found that special someone.

Stephie said:

I've seen this post sometime but haven't actually got time to read it until now! Congratulations; this is awesome news!! May you guys live a very happy life. :D Proposals are exciting and surprising. Hehehe...