Just got PCOM inteview!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fireorose

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
They got my file from AACOMAS on 12/24 and secondary complete by 1/12 and now an interview. I was about to give up hope...Interview's not til March 2 though...BUT SUPER EXCITED

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! Why were you giving up hope? You only had to wait 2 weeks until after your secondary was complete! Good luck on your interview...it's very laid back. If you're not from the area and you need any advice on how to get to the school, where to stay, what to do... feel free to msg me.

MasterShakeDO said:
Congrats! Why were you giving up hope? You only had to wait 2 weeks until after your secondary was complete! Good luck on your interview...it's very laid back. If you're not from the area and you need any advice on how to get to the school, where to stay, what to do... feel free to msg me.
TX resident yet didnt get into any Texas schools. And applied to other schools out of state but havent heard back or got rejection letters. I guess I shouldnt give up on the battle til it's over

Members don't see this ad :)
fireorose said:
TX resident yet didnt get into any Texas schools. And applied to other schools out of state but havent heard back or got rejection letters. I guess I shouldnt give up on the battle til it's over
Oh yeah, they have that crazy match system over there. My ex-roommate at Penn had to go through that... he ended up at UT-Southwestern. If you applied MD then you really have to express to the interviewers your interest in osteopathic medicine. They may be skeptical that they are a Plan B, you know? You should be fine if you convince them you're sincere. PCOM accepts most of the students they interview cause their class is HUGE.

Did the interview invite come via email or snail mail?

discusdan said:
Did the interview invite come via email or snail mail?

Mine came via e-mail about six days before my scheduled interview time. It was like that for my whole interview group, but we were all from the area. They may contact people farther away in a different manner.

Congrats! I had my interview yesterday and today I got my acceptance letter!! The interview is very laid back and all they are interested to do is to get to know you. You will like it! good luck!!

fireorose said:
They got my file from AACOMAS on 12/24 and secondary complete by 1/12 and now an interview. I was about to give up hope...Interview's not til March 2 though...BUT SUPER EXCITED

gadis said:
Congrats! I had my interview yesterday and today I got my acceptance letter!! The interview is very laid back and all they are interested to do is to get to know you. You will like it! good luck!!

One day to interview, have adcom meet, and send a letter to you? I waited an entire month! arrrgh. I'd be more upset if I weren't so darn relieved I'm in.

...PCOM accepts most of the students they interview cause their class is HUGE.[/QUOTE said:
Careful... The percentage of applicants/matriculants is pretty much the same as other schools. We're just "playing with" larger numbers. Regardless, PCOM rocks!

Best of luck in future endevors wherever you end up!

fireorose said:
Congratulations!

I was wondering if you sent PCOM a committee letter for the LOR requirement, of if you had to send individual letters. You may have seen the debates previously about PCOM's LOR requirement. Anyway, I'm one of those that has to send individual letters, and I'm wondering if my file will ever be complete (I read that others who sent individual letters had them thrown away or something). I sent them all my secondary stuff the first week of Feb. so I'm hoping to be complete soon too.

Well, best of luck in your interview. PCOM looks like a great school. Take care.

MasterShakeDO said:
Oh yeah, they have that crazy match system over there. My ex-roommate at Penn had to go through that... he ended up at UT-Southwestern. If you applied MD then you really have to express to the interviewers your interest in osteopathic medicine. They may be skeptical that they are a Plan B, you know? You should be fine if you convince them you're sincere. PCOM accepts most of the students they interview cause their class is HUGE.

They have no way of knowing whether or not you applied to MD schools, nor is it any of their damn business. They have no idea if you are a Plan B unless you say so.

If a DO school asks me if I applied to an MD school, I don't have any problem saying no.

When I interviewed at Penn State, they asked me if I applied to DO schools...my answer was no, even though that was a lie. Again, that isn't any of their business in my opinion.