Just got rejected

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cldud

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, Need Advice!
I recently applied to SALUS for traditional OD program and got rejected yesterday. I haven't taken the OAT yet b/c of COVID-19. I'm little confused because after receiving online interview invitation from Salus, I thought my interview went pretty smooth. But I don't understand why they had rejected my application instead of sending waitlisted or standby letter. Is it because I didn't take the OAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Best to email them why. sounds like an odd scenario. How was your GPA/shadowing/work experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Yes I emailed them. My GPA is 3.31 with BS in Biology. I've worked with private optometrist for for than 5 years.

Members don't see this ad :)
My question is why haven’t you taken the OAT though? Most schools at least SCO have already finalized their classes. So if someone with a similar GPA to yours with a decent interview and the OAT would likely rank higher to them than you without your OAT...

Derp sorry you said it was from COVID. But again I think my above statement about someone who’s been able to take it earlier likely out ranks you in their mind. Also your acceptance is likely conditional, you have to wait until testing centers are reopened and you have to do well. I just think they’re trying to finalize their classes as soon as possible. But hey I’m not in admissions, I’d maybe reach out to them and ask?

Jeez I suck at reading. You emailed them, have they responded as to why?

Thanks for the reply! I contacted Sales few weeks ago and made a academic advising meeting. First of all, they told me I applied too late for this cycle and didn't have my OAT score ready yet. Not applying earlier was my biggest mistake.