Just got this email from UCONN...waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newhavenjake

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The Admissions Committee recently met to review your application. The Committee voted to place you as an alternate and to reconsider your application again later in the review process after more candidates have been interviewed and considered. I estimate the Committee will consider your file again in March. Please feel free to update your file with any additional information you would like. Regards, Keat Sanford, U of Connecticut School of Medicine 1/29/05

So is this the waitlist or what?

Members don't see this ad.

Did you interview? If not, it's more like a hold list...welcome to the world of limbo :( But don't worry, I've been taken off hold too, so there's hope :)

UCONN will review your application again later when they are ranking the waitlist (I don't know how many they accept directly from the list of 'holds' - it would depend on the number of outstanding acceptances they are waiting to hear from.) They rank the waitlist and divide it into thirds. Top third usually has a decent chance of getting in, middle third depends how many other acceptances decline a spot, bottom third doesn't look good. Unfortunately you have to wait to see what other people do with their acceptances and that takes a bit of time to work out.

thanks a lot. so it goes.