Just great.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnDO

MS III
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to have to update medical schools on my summer progress with two big fat B's. How disappointing. :( :( :thumbdown:

I know it's irrational, but I have this feeling of dread that I might not get in because of this. hah. i don't know whether to laugh at myself or go drink ;)

Members don't see this ad.

It will only bring my sci GPA down by .04, and my overall by even less. Even so, mad disappointing. I must have got owned on both of the finals.

Members don't see this ad :)
You're good to go with those grades, do not worry.

Am I supposed to update schools on my summer school grade that I end up getting next month? I didn't know this is so unless you get accepted. Can you elaborate? Thanks!

I better hit the books if this grade gets there pre-decision!

I don't think you are required to, but it let's the schools know that you're active and interested in their school if you update them with all the things you've been doing.

I vote on the drinking part. But .04 haha, it isn't even noticeable. And if you are really worrying about the B's, I am assuming that most of your other grades have been A's.

JohnDO said:
I'm going to have to update medical schools on my summer progress with two big fat B's. How disappointing. :( :( :thumbdown:

I know it's irrational, but I have this feeling of dread that I might not get in because of this. hah. i don't know whether to laugh at myself or go drink ;)

It's officially the end of the world. Ask schools to return your applications and get a job at Burger King. Your dream of becoming a doctor is officially over. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

lol "I know it's irrational,"

I just felt that way for some reason.

you should have a relatively stress free medical education...

Do you update your application through AACOMAS or do you just contact the school? Thanks so much! :)

I would send an email to the dean of admissions. I would tell them what classes you took, with the course numbers and what grade you got and would they please add them to your file. Plus it helps get your name in front of the adcoms, which is always a good thing.

I did this both times I applied and it always worked. You can send any updates (an awards you win, if you get published, if yu have an awesome EC that is nothing like what is on your application, etc) you want through email and ask them to add them to your file.

You don't go through AACOMAS once you have submitted your application. Also, the schools don't need a transcript for your updated schools. They will ask for all official transcripts for every class you have taken once they have accepted you.

Amy B said:
I would send an email to the dean of admissions. I would tell them what classes you took, with the course numbers and what grade you got and would they please add them to your file. Plus it helps get your name in front of the adcoms, which is always a good thing.

I did this both times I applied and it always worked. You can send any updates (an awards you win, if you get published, if yu have an awesome EC that is nothing like what is on your application, etc) you want through email and ask them to add them to your file.

You don't go through AACOMAS once you have submitted your application. Also, the schools don't need a transcript for your updated schools. They will ask for all official transcripts for every class you have taken once they have accepted you.

solid work. :thumbup:

Amy B said:

Thanks!!

JohnDO, i totally know how you feel though...I was notorious for getting 88%'s overall in undergrad but we didn't have plus or minus. So many of my B's were high ones, but no way to tell ad com. But i agree with everyone else, no worries, summer classes can be tough at times, keep on chuggin! :)