Just Kaplan for Step 2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmycburkitt

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone just used Kaplan books for Step 2 CK? If I just used Kaplan books and did UW questions, would one be able to do well?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone just used Kaplan books for Step 2 CK? If I just used Kaplan books and did UW questions, would one be able to do well?

I took the test on 10/27 doing exactly what you described (with a few chapters of Secrets thrown in). I'll post back with my score when I get it, but I think it really depends on how much time you're giving yourself to study. I took roughly 3 weeks and managed to get through the books, but didn't finish USMLEWorld. Any less time than that would have made it tough to finish the books.

I did just kaplan books for step 2 and UW and Kaplan Questions and others (NMS).

Got a 228/92. I felt the books were much better for step 2 than their step 1 books were for the step 1 exam.

THey highlighted and touched on a lot of key concepts.

I'm an FMG/IMG(the american one) and all my clinicals in the US. I don't get to take shelf exams nor do I get tested reguarly at teh end of my core rotations. So I basically was lazy in studying for 1/2 the year.

So I used teh books. I still have not taken my ob/gyne core (Starts on monday) too and it was my 2nd strongest subject behind medicine.