Just looking for some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Icgtt

Reaction score
Really behind

Hi guys,
So I am getting my degree in biology and I am about to graduate with a 2.2 science GPA. I had a lot of personal things go on throughout undergrad that affected my academic performance. I’ve only started doing better in the last two semesters. I started out wanting to do premed, but then I noticed that I was not doing well, but I have now decided after seeing that other people in my same situation have been able to get into medical school that I want to also try. I made appointments with pre-health advisers at my school. Although I want to know what my first move should be. I have a plan of graduating and then taking classes at the local community college to get my GPA up to at least a 2.7 but hopefully a 3.0, but I’m not sure how long that would take. There is a DO school close to me that has a post bacc program that is biomedical science and the minimum GPA is 2.7. I would like to get a 3.0 because I want to do a different post bacc. I just wanted to ask you guys what do you think my first move should be? Do you think the whole idea of taking classes at the community college for a year and a half and then applying to a post bacc is a good idea for me? My other option was to just get a regular masters degree for two years? I am eager to hear what you guys have to say. Thank you for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
What did the postbac program director recommend? Fortunately you haven't taken the MCAT so you need to figure out if you can do a postbac or wait a few years after a job and try a special master's program.

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
You need to re-think this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What did the postbac program director recommend? Fortunately you haven't taken the MCAT so you need to figure out if you can do a postbac or wait a few years after a job and try a special master's program.

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

They ended up rescheduling