Just lost my first aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phd89

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not here to complain or to receive people's empathy but yesterday I lost my first aid while leaving it in the public. I had been using it for a few months now and it was completely annotated with all 3 major qbanks and relevant points from the kaplan series and other books. FYI It was what I believed complete and ready to be learned cold for the step 1 exam. Im kinda a devastated now. Since I spent so much time in it.

Honestly I don't even know where to go from here. Since I planned on trying to down pack everything and learn it cold in the upcomming weeks for my exam. Any suggestions as where to start from now? Do I buy a new copy and start it up again with annotations or just do questions at this point??????

I do want to do well on this exam 250+

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not here to complain or to receive people's empathy but yesterday I lost my first aid while leaving it in the public. I had been using it for a few months now and it was completely annotated with all 3 major qbanks and relevant points from the kaplan series and other books. FYI It was what I believed complete and ready to be learned cold for the step 1 exam. Im kinda a devastated now. Since I spent so much time in it.

Honestly I don't even know where to go from here. Since I planned on trying to down pack everything and learn it cold in the upcomming weeks for my exam. Any suggestions as where to start from now? Do I buy a new copy and start it up again with annotations or just do questions at this point??????

I do want to do well on this exam 250+

Buy a new copy. Learn it. Cover UWorld. It's likely that your concepts are clean. Supplement that with all the facts from FA and UWorld and you're good to go.

i would at least make a pretty good effort to find it first. Put up flyers where you think you may have lost it and offer a generous reward (like $100) to whoever returns it to you.

Worst come to worst, if you can't find it, at least just buy another one and start annotating again... since you've seen most of everything already it shouldn't take quite as much time. Also doing 3 qbanks with annotations to get a 250+ is unnecessary... I only annotated UW, some relevant points from Kaplan qbank, and used RR along with it and I was fine.

I'm sorry that happened to you... the least you can do is make sure you're more careful with your stuff next time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I barely annotated my FA and I did well. I would purchase a new FA and start focusing on doing more practice questions.

I really think the process of annotating is most important. Spend maybe a couple hours looking for it, then buy a new one and I think you will be fine.