Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

just need some advice

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by heyhey20, Nov 17, 2005.

1. heyhey20

heyhey20 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    hi everyone!! I've been reading all these threads and they're all really helpful and I though I would just write one to get some advice from those who have already gone through the process of applying to pharmacy school. Im a sophmore in college in Cali and I've worked in a retail pharmacy for 3 years still going strong (LOL) as a clerk, I'm in a pharmacy club at school, I already have some good Letters of recommendation in, I have strong essay skills and communication skills, but I got a few C's in my freshman year so my GPA is about a 2.8 right now. If I raise my GPA, what are my chances at a school in california?

2. TrojanAnteater

TrojanAnteater Fight On
    10+ Year Member

If you raise your GPA then your chances are probably very good.

3. blueclassring

blueclassring Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    raise your gpa up to at least a 3.0, and i think you have a great shot at getting in. i have a 3.2 and some interviews lined up. if i can do it, so can you!

good luck!!!

4. heyhey20

heyhey20 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

thanks a lot guys i feel better

5. oink2655

oink2655 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I have a 3.02 overall. But my sci arent so good so I am retaking my sci classes next semster. What are your sci gpa like?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ndearwater

ndearwater SDN Donor
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Have faith... I have barely above a 3.0 and I have been accepted. And I've heard of a couple sub 3.0 GPA's getting in. Of course, if you have enough classes left to raise your GPA that's always a good thing. Good luck! :luck:

7. heyhey20

heyhey20 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

I'm only a sophmore in college, so i have 2 years left to raise my gpa, but o-chem has left me a little disheartened. I'm like barely surviving in that class, but I really want to do pharmacy, so i guess i have to hang in there. TrojanAnteater, u went to uci, right? did u major in bio? If so, how do the next 2 years look?

8. Damn, I wish I lived in the states. Most schools up here in Canada won't even consider you for admission unless you have at least a 3.6 GPA.

9. glagic

glagic Member
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    i go to uci and after you make it through the first two years its not too bad. physics is ok, but its definitely not as bad as ochem. the upper div bio courses are pretty chill too. most of the professors arent out to get you and make you fail. i had one class (116 adv molecular bio) where like 40% of the class got A's. granted it was mostly seniors that were going to graduate in there, but still, its a lot better than the first two years. if you have any questions, pm me and ill send you my aim sn and we can talk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. kevintech

kevintech Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Raise it as much as possible. With your retail experience in a pharmacy, a 3.5 and above would clinch your chances of going to a school in California

11. heyhey20

heyhey20 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

thanks glagic i probably will pm u sometime cuz i have lots of questions.