Just panicking and ranting about my Uworld performance..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaejae87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Just wanted to rant and how you guys are doing

I'm a 2016 graduate with a full-time job. Oral surgery was something I was always interested in, so decided to give it a try before it is too late. With work and family, it has been difficult to study as much as I wanted to, but was able to spend at least 2 hrs of studying every day since July.

My average scores on Uworld in the very beginning were in high 20s and low 30s. Back then, I probably would've gotten the same score if I had guessed on all questions. Thankfully, I managed to improve them up to 50~60 range after my first pass, which is nice, but not good enough obviously.

However, with only two months left, I'm starting to panic a little because it took me about 5 months to be where I am at now, I'm thinking 'how much could I improve in only two months? **** I will be a boring GP forever.. I'm screwed..' which is why I'm SDN haha

Anybody in the same boat? How are you all doing? For those who've been through all this, how did you do it?

Members don't see this ad.

50-60% after your first pass is nothing to worry about. There are plenty of medical students who do worse after taking two years of medical school. With two months left, you will do perfectly fine just by continuing doing questions. Anecdotally, there is a strong positive correlation between scores on the CBSE/Step 1 and number of Uworld questions finished.

However, with only two months left, I'm starting to panic a little because it took me about 5 months to be where I am at now, I'm thinking 'how much could I improve in only two months? **** I will be a boring GP forever.. I'm screwed..' which is why I'm SDN haha
Even I'm not this tactless.

Try to ignore the percent correct on uworld. Use it as a study tool. Read all the explanations and really study it like a book. You’ll get a lot out of it. It’s a very high yield study resource if used correctly.