Just PhD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ToStrikeInfinit

Microarray Swordmaster
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to apply for only a PhD at a school in which you are applying MD/PhD? Temporally speaking, it seems like its doable; the grad school applications for the schools I'm looking into are due in December. But does it cause a conflict of interest or anything like that?

Members don't see this ad.

Is it possible to apply for only a PhD at a school in which you are applying MD/PhD? Temporally speaking, it seems like its doable; the grad school applications for the schools I'm looking into are due in December. But does it cause a conflict of interest or anything like that?
I would say it's possible... Did you take the MCAT and the GRE?!

I'm sure it's possible, but I'd never do it...the MD leaves MANY more doors open...

I considered doing this. I don't think there would be any problem, but make sure you don't forget any requirements. Most graduate programs will require the general GRE and a subject test. I'm not sure how it is now, but when I took it the subject tests were only offered a couple times a year.