Just Planning for the Worst

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2411t

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I still have to hear back from a few more schools, but if I don't get accepted this admission cycle, what do you think should be my course of action?

I'm already probably going to retake the PCAT, but I also want to go back to school, and impress the Adcom with a stellar GPA in the summer/fall semesters of 2010.

If I do go back to school, should I retake courses? I've never gotten anything below a B. Or should I take more advanced level courses?

Any suggestions on ways to show the Adcom's that i'm serious about this career path would be much appreciated.

GPA: 3.2
PCAT: 62
Experience: Pharm Tech (not certified), Research internship (fall 2010)

**From what I've heard as well, attending open houses of the pharmacy schools you want to go to and visiting the campus are great ways to show a school that you are serious about being a part of their program. What'd you think?

Thanks in advance!

I know how you feel. I think it really depends on the school if they want you to retake classes or take up division classes. So I would contact the school to get more information. Attending the open house seems like a plus. Getting a higher PCAT would be good as well. Do you have a B.S.?.. in my opinion students that pharmacy experience and have a tech license makes their application look more competitive.. so I would look into that.

I still have to hear back from a few more schools, but if I don't get accepted this admission cycle, what do you think should be my course of action?

I'm already probably going to retake the PCAT, but I also want to go back to school, and impress the Adcom with a stellar GPA in the summer/fall semesters of 2010.

If I do go back to school, should I retake courses? I've never gotten anything below a B. Or should I take more advanced level courses?

Any suggestions on ways to show the Adcom's that i'm serious about this career path would be much appreciated.

GPA: 3.2
PCAT: 62
Experience: Pharm Tech (not certified), Research internship (fall 2010)

**From what I've heard as well, attending open houses of the pharmacy schools you want to go to and visiting the campus are great ways to show a school that you are serious about being a part of their program. What'd you think?

Thanks in advance!

In my opinion you shouldn't really need to retake any classes that you received a "B" in. If you've already received your BA/BS then going back to school would be quite redundant. If you haven't received a degree yet then I would work towards that rather than repeating the courses you got B's in. It really just looks like you need to improve your PCAT score. Aim for above 80% and that should open some doors for you.

Did you get any interviews this cycle? If you did and you haven't heard back from those schools then you may want to work on your interviewing skills as well. I would also go ahead and get certified as a pharmacy tech and maybe work in a pharmacy in that role to get some more experience.