Just received notice that one of my LORs is missing a letterhead and signature?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maybedoc1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I just got an email from a school telling me that one of my letters was unacceptable because it lacked a signature and a letterhead. How do I go about fixing this? I have sent this letter to nearly 40 schools so far, however only one school has mentioned it. Do I send an email to all of those schools? Do I wait and see if they say anything about it to me and then act?

Ive received an interview invite from one school that I sent the letter to, so I'm guessing it's not a deal breaker for every school. However, I don't want this to hold back my application in anyway.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just ask the writer to put it on letterhead, sign it and upload it again. It happens and you just get it fixed!

Reactions: 1 users
Just ask the writer to put it on letterhead, sign it and upload it again. It happens and you just get it fixed!
To add, when they upload to AMCAS, it will automatically be appended to existing letter and sent to all schools

Thank you for the reply guys! I just sent him an email and unfortunately, he is not allowed in his office/is traveling across the country to care for his father who is in the final stages of Alzheimer's Disease. He is going to try and send it to an assistant and get it worked out. I want to make it as easy as possible for him given what is going on. So to clarify: do I send him the same exact AMCAS link that I sent before?