Just saying Hi.

Started by Valor
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Valor

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello Everyone,

First off let me say this forum is very helpful. I've been lurking for a few days and decided to register so I can ask for help when the time comes, or just to throw in my 2 cents when I feel the need.

I'm a 23 year old political science major born and raised in Austin, Texas. I'm a UT Austin alum if there are any others out there. I currently reside in Taiwan where I teach English and study Chinese. I've been out here for 14 months and plan on returning back to Texas in June when the school year is over, where I'll pursue a career in pharmacy.

I originally planned to be a social studies teacher back home, but after a year of teaching I've realized that teaching isn't really for me. There are many highs and lows in this profession, and those bad days really eat away at your soul.

I really enjoy helping people and worked for 6 months at a family friend's pharmacy before graduating University. I was a clerk/delivery driver there and I really enjoyed the environment and helping those in need. As a liberal arts major I don't have many science classes under my belt, so it looks like I won't be entering pharmacy school until fall 2012. So I guess you can look forward to many years with me unless I decide to do something else with my life, but for the time being I'm dead set on becoming a pharmacist.

Thanks for reading!
-Valor