Just starting...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amedeesse

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how early, you feel, is too early to start studying for the MCAT. I'm a first year, but completely terrified of scoring under a certain number, and want to do my best... I've been told by an MD that I could start now, and be okay. Thoughts? Opinions?

Also, has anyone tried the MCAT study material for the iTouch/iPhone? Is it any good for minor studying while on down periods at work/school?

Members don't see this ad.

When should I start studying/When should I take the MCAT?

You can choose your 3-4 month window to study after you've completed your pre-reqs. In your pre-reqs, gain mastery of the material; don't aim merely for an A. Spending the time to master the material in your pre-reqs will pay off when you study for the MCAT.

There's no point starting so early that by the time you actually take the exam you might be forgetting thing's you're doing now.

Like bimolecular nucleophilic substitution said, study 3-4 months and only after you take bio chem phys orgo.