Just took Achiever #1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MowgliR

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took my Achiever #1 and I got owned in RC and QR. This is my 2nd time taking a full-length.

B: 17
GC: 18
OC:18
PAT: 17 (there were Q where I thought there were no possible answers lol)
RC: 14 :scared:
QR: 14:scared:

I tried doing Vicvipers strategy for the first passage, but I fell behind, decided to just read the passage, and then it just went downhill from there. I noticed for RC, I would skim the passage, but as I went through the questions, I wouldnt move on until I knew forsure it was right. I guess that's what took up a lot of my time. I'm pretty much scrambling for an RC strategy..

For QR, I noticed that the calculator on Achiever sucked. I was playing around with it and I noticed that it cant do 200*.75. I hit C over and over, so I just moved to my windows calc lol. I didnt know Achiever has calculator issues too! lol In the middle of my QR, I felt that I was skipping a lot of the workd problems, and decided to get held down by some. Probably a big error there.

My main problem for both sections is timing and finding a strategy.

I am def working on QR and RC until my DAT Day (Aug. 18). What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Wow. You had awesome scores on Science section...

I had Bio/Gen/OC/Pat/RC/QR :15/16/18/18/14/18 on Achiever #1...
And i am taking DAT on Aug 18th same day as you~

I finished test#2 too but, my science score was not improve at all...
(DO u have any tip for this...? :()

My PAT was 18 in #1 and 19 in #2.
You will do better on next test because you feel more familiar with
Achiever's PAT style... Sometimes, i feel the difficulty of Achiever's PAT is ridiculous...

im so worry about my RC too...
English is not my first language, as you see:D.
so i can't figure about what to do in Achiever RC...

My RC score on topscore was average 20. (I finish all three test)
and Achiever was way more harder...

In QR, if you can not find the way to solve or not sure, just mark ur best answer and skip to other easy problem first. If you stuck on one problem, you might lose ur pace in entire section and can't finish.

BTW, is REAL DAT provide the calculator on TEST?? (I know Achiever has it but not in REAL DAT)..

I heard that REAL DAT is not hard as Achiever. GOOD LUCK!!

Thanks for your response.

Yeah PAT was really weird. I average about 20 in CDP haha.

And yes, there is a calculator on the DAT.

Achievers is ridiculously hard. I got 15 AA/ 17PAT on first one. A 17, I never got 17 in PAT, I did all the CDP. Then few days later I took TS, I got 18 AA/ 21 PAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just took my Achiever #1 and I got owned in RC and QR. This is my 2nd time taking a full-length.

B: 17
GC: 18
OC:18
PAT: 17 (there were Q where I thought there were no possible answers lol)
RC: 14 :scared:
QR: 14:scared:

I tried doing Vicvipers strategy for the first passage, but I fell behind, decided to just read the passage, and then it just went downhill from there. I noticed for RC, I would skim the passage, but as I went through the questions, I wouldnt move on until I knew forsure it was right. I guess that's what took up a lot of my time. I'm pretty much scrambling for an RC strategy..

For QR, I noticed that the calculator on Achiever sucked. I was playing around with it and I noticed that it cant do 200*.75. I hit C over and over, so I just moved to my windows calc lol. I didnt know Achiever has calculator issues too! lol In the middle of my QR, I felt that I was skipping a lot of the workd problems, and decided to get held down by some. Probably a big error there.

My main problem for both sections is timing and finding a strategy.

I am def working on QR and RC until my DAT Day (Aug. 18). What do you guys think?

hey man ur all good i got 16AA on achiever 1 and that was it for me lol never touched it again...its a useless test...however ur sciences are very nice!!! I just took topscore today and got 19AA so ud prob wanna switch over to topscore to get a better idea of where ur at.

oh yeah, for the achiever calculator, if you want to punch in a decimal number that's smaller than one, you have to click the 0 before the decimal point, or else it calculates as if the decimal point wasnt there. so like for something like 5*.75, you'd have to enter 5*0.75.

oh yeah, for the achiever calculator, if you want to punch in a decimal number that's smaller than one, you have to click the 0 before the decimal point, or else it calculates as if the decimal point wasnt there. so like for something like 5*.75, you'd have to enter 5*0.75.

Aww man. I think I lost a few problems because of that. Would you happen to know if the real DAT calculator is like that?

i have no idea... though ive heard from some of my friends that the calculator is pretty laggy.

I took test 1 yesterday and got a 19 on PAT and yes, it was brutal. I hadnt seen so many half holes in paper folding in my entire studying time for DAT.

I took test 1 yesterday and got a 19 on PAT and yes, it was brutal. I hadnt seen so many half holes in paper folding in my entire studying time for DAT.

Haha actually paper folding is one of my strongest sections. I think I got 14/15 on that. What killed me was Keyholes (3/15 haha). I usually avg around 13-15 on CDP.

i have no idea... though ive heard from some of my friends that the calculator is pretty laggy.

I was trying to complain the calculator to achiever's company with another issue that it would not clear each time you pop it up again, but then I realized from the forum this was going to be the same thing on the real QR, which really sucks. Not sure if achiever is trying to simulate ADA's issues till they are finally corrected.

Haha actually paper folding is one of my strongest sections. I think I got 14/15 on that. What killed me was Keyholes (3/15 haha). I usually avg around 13-15 on CDP.

ya i mean hole punching lol. i guessed on most of the paper folding because ran out of time lol.

I heard test 4 and 5 are even harder? lol