COMLEX Just took COMLEX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samsamani

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just took the COMLEX and I absolutely feel like I failed it. I was wondering if other people are feeling the same way. I took USMLE couple days ago and I felt like getting at least 70% correct with only minimal guessing. But with COMLEX, I felt like I was guessing half of the questions because their questions are just sh***.

Edit: 5 weeks later after intense waiting --> 571 (Thank you God)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Haven't taken comlex yet but your impression seems to be shared by most who have taken it this year. I wouldn't sweat it.

Read around the forums & reddit a bit if you haven't already; I've read several anecdotes just like yours.

Reactions: 1 user
Haven't taken comlex yet but your impression seems to be shared by most who have taken it this year. I wouldn't sweat it.

Read around the forums & reddit a bit if you haven't already; I've read several anecdotes just like yours.
Thanks man, I have read some posts on reddit which made me feel a bit better. But the next 4 weeks waiting for the score is gonna feel like 4 years.

Members don't see this ad :)
You are not alone lol I did pretty decent on NBMEs and UWSAs and even pulled a 626 on C105, but honestly felt like crap for the first day until I remembered it's over.

I don't know of anyone that has walked out of COMLEX or USMLE feeling like they smashed it anyway. Hoping for the best next month when the NBOME pulls our scores out of a hat with blindfolds on.

You are not alone lol I did pretty decent on NBMEs and UWSAs and even pulled a 626 on C105, but honestly felt like crap for the first day until I remembered it's over.

I don't know of anyone that has walked out of COMLEX or USMLE feeling like they smashed it anyway. Hoping for the best next month when the NBOME pulls our scores out of a hat with blindfolds on.
With 626 on new comsae 105 you should be fine man. I think you have highest score on new comsae I've seen so far.

With 626 on new comsae 105 you should be fine man. I think you have highest score on new comsae I've seen so far.

I definitely felt like I pulled that out of me arse, but I appreciate the good vibes pal. I just know how hard we've all worked to combat the pressure of the new blueprint and the anxiety of the ACGME merger, and I hope we are rewarded for it. Some great potential doctors have dropped out or failed because of that stress :/

Wow, I thought I was the only one that felt this way. If it makes you feel any better I felt like total **** after the COMLEX, did poorly but passed. Then took USMLE STEP 1 and felt decent about it. Not great, I don't think I've heard of anyone feeling great after any board exam. But I don't have any doubt in my mind that I did not pass STEP whereas with COMLEX I was just praying I would pass because the exam went that bad.

Wow, I thought I was the only one that felt this way. If it makes you feel any better I felt like total **** after the COMLEX, did poorly but passed. Then took USMLE STEP 1 and felt decent about it. Not great, I don't think I've heard of anyone feeling great after any board exam. But I don't have any doubt in my mind that I did not pass STEP whereas with COMLEX I was just praying I would pass because the exam went that bad.

Step is a different animal, easier to gouge. PLenty of people felt ok walking out and did ok. I rollercoasted from "That was the worst" to "meh, can't remember any question I got wrong, 270 incoming" to "Ugh I must have failed". Did ok in the end.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone, I just took the COMLEX and I absolutely feel like I failed it. I was wondering if other people are feeling the same way. I took USMLE couple days ago and I felt like getting at least 70% correct with only minimal guessing. But with COMLEX, I felt like I was guessing half of the questions because their questions are just sh***.

This is 100% how the COMLEX makes you feel! I felt the same way and did just fine!

Congrats on passing that beast!

Reactions: 1 user
i just got out of comlex today and i feel like i marked half the test. i feel the same way u did. your post gives me some relief lol

To anyone reading this in the future... everyone feels like they are guessing and feel horrible after COMLEX... just a right of passage I guess.