Just took DAT today, thoughts? Comments?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

li102

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I just took the DAT this morning, got some good scores and some bad, plz gimme the most honest advices.

Bio 18
Gchem 23
Ochem 25
QR 18
RC 17
PAT 27
TS 21
AA 20

Now the analysis part
Bio
I don't know what is going on, because the test had almost half of the question that is totally irrevelant to what I have studied, so a lot of guessing and 18 was what I got.
Gchem
Easy conceptual questions, only 2 calculation questions, know your concepts well and u r fine
Ochem
Again more conceptual questions than reactions, most of questions are pretty straight forward and can be studied from Destroyer or Topscore
QR
WORST QR test I've ever encounted since I start to study DAT, way harder than destroyer and topscore tests, a lot of questions simply just didn't have a correct choice available, guessed on about 10 questions and totally screwed up the timing too...:(
RC
First article is about Bio ethics...didn't understand crap about the article, second one and third was pretty intersting physiology articles..but for some reason I did bad on this part compare to the practice tests I took
PAT
My best PAT score ever! (100th percentile) Totally owned it like no other, most diffiult part was angle ranking, others are just easier than the practice questions

So...should I consider retake because my QR and RC are low?:confused: My GPA is 3.57

Thank you all!

Oh and I studied with destroyer and topscore, plus Kaplan blue book. Study time approximately 3 months. Last month is everyday study.

Members don't see this ad.

TS 21 + AA 20 + PAT 27 WOW, you're in, bro. :thumbup:

And thanks for the tips. ;)

Li, what are your scores, especially PAT scores, for topscore practice tests? Compare the the topscore PAT, is the actual DAT harder, easier or just the same level for every other sections except angle ranking ?

And do the real DAT general chemistry and QR have calculations which do not give round numbers such as 253/383 or stuff like that. I have topscore and archiever. They're way different, topscore gives odd numbers which cost me a lot of times while archiever gives numbers that can be reduced by head.

Btw, congratulations on your DAT scores. I'm gonna take it this Friday. I'm so nervous now

Members don't see this ad :)
hey Li what did you use to study PAT. What were they most similar to Topscore, Achiever, Kaplan, or crack the pat (hard as hell).

i'd say your scores are fairly solid. The only weak part would be the reading comp...it is very important for schools, although 17 isn't bad, it isn't too great either. I guess depending on which school you want to get into, i'd retake it if the school i would want to get into requires a better score..talk to the school admin department about your scores and they should give you better idea of what to do