Just took final Kaplan test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tooth Fixer

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I just took my last Kaplan 3rd and final full length test in the class. I got these scores.
Acad Avg:16 Nat Sci: 15 Bio:19 Gen Chem:14 Org Chem:10 Read Comp:17 QuantReas:15 PAT:18

I'm a full time student and all i've had time to really study was read the kaplans bio review book. I haven't done one subject exam yet other than the first and second full lenght tests we took in class. I haven't taken Ochem classes yet either thats why ochem is soo low i just marked straight C in the fill ins, and chem its been a while since i took it. And math what can i say i guess i really really suck in math.

I have 3 months time to study in a few months without classes after finishing Ochem. Do you guys think its enough time to pull these classes up to the 20's. If not how much time do you think is needed to do well on this test. to get that 19 in bio i've been reading here and there for 2 and half months. I'm still half way into it in bio. Its just so rough sticking it all in. :(

Members don't see this ad.

Tooth Fixer said:
Hey guys I just took my last Kaplan 3rd and final full length test in the class. I got these scores.
Acad Avg:16 Nat Sci: 15 Bio:19 Gen Chem:14 Org Chem:10 Read Comp:17 QuantReas:15 PAT:18

I'm a full time student and all i've had time to really study was read the kaplans bio review book. I haven't done one subject exam yet other than the first and second full lenght tests we took in class. I haven't taken Ochem classes yet either thats why ochem is soo low i just marked straight C in the fill ins, and chem its been a while since i took it. And math what can i say i guess i really really suck in math.

I have 3 months time to study in a few months without classes after finishing Ochem. Do you guys think its enough time to pull these classes up to the 20's. If not how much time do you think is needed to do well on this test. to get that 19 in bio i've been reading here and there for 2 and half months. I'm still half way into it in bio. Its just so rough sticking it all in. :(

Thos subject exams are REALLY helpful. You should really do them, they will up your scores alot. You have decent scores, you should improve on quantitative reasoning and gen chem, once your take organic I have faith that that score will improve significantly, bringing up your Total science. You cant have that attitude that you "really really suck at math." Total self-fulfilling prohecy man, if you think your gonna suck at math, your gonna do bad on the math and may not get into the schools you wanna get into. IF you suck at math, that just means you need to study more than normal. I suck at gen chem but I told myself, that just makes me work that much harder and its gonna feel that much better when I rock it. I got a 19 on the gen chem. Also, you have the time to pull up the scores, you just gotta be motivated, and do all the subject exams. Good luck!

GENERAL TSO said:
looks like you are in trouble !
Nah, He/She jus has a lil work to do. Its like conditioning for a marathon, it sucks at first, but than when you get the hang of it, you get this euphoric feeling :)

Members don't see this ad :)
grinningrice said:
Nah, He/She jus has a lil work to do. Its like conditioning for a marathon, it sucks at first, but than when you get the hang of it, you get this euphoric feeling :)

Thanks for the motivation. I feel like I can do it now. GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Let me get something straight....You are going to take OChem, and then you will have a few months to study for the DAT? If thats the case, then no worries. Youve got plenty of time on your hands. Good luck.

Don't worry, when I took the DAT I started from scratch w/ the crappiest scores you can imagine. Your scores will improve drastically once you've taken ochem. I'd recommend that you study all sections of DAT at the same time. You shouldn't study subject by subject (b/c you won't retain all that bio info once you move on to study chem). If you're starting ochem from scratch, try getting kaplan's organic edge. It's an *easy* read (believe it or not) and it covers all the general principles of ochem that you'll need to know. You have plenty of time, just focus and put the hours into studying and you'll do great.

Tooth Fixer said: