Just took Kaplan diagnostic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yankees27th

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the DAT diagnostic test from Kaplan. I was just wondering what everyone else thought about it and how everyone thinks it compares to the real thing. I thought it was pretty easy. I got:

Bio: 19
GC: 19
OC: 20
PA:18
RC: 20
QR: 22
TS: 19
AA: 20

I've studied ochem a lot, bio I've just taken a lot of upper division classes, and gchem I only started studying yesterday. I haven't done PAT in about a month (but I studied for it a lot then) and I haven't worked on QR or RC at all yet. I'm taking the DAT 1/22. What do you guys think?

PS: They accidentally gave me about 30 seconds extra on RC which may have helped me out a bit.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow...I don't want to make you complacent but those are EXCELLENT scores for the diagnostic. I scored straight 15's across the board. Study hard and you will dominate.

Thanks. That means a lot coming from someone who did as well as you did on the DAT. I'm definitely more confident now but I still have a ton of work to do. The PAT questions were the same as the ones in the blue book so that definitely helped me out a bit too...

Members don't see this ad :)
I just looked at my Kaplan online account and it says my 20AA was 93rd percentile. Does anyone know what AA score is generally around 93rd percentile on the actual exam? Thanks a lot!

Based on recent scores that I have seen a 21 has been around the 91st percentile on average, but it all depends on the section. For example, my 22 in bio was in the 95th percentile where my 22 in gchem was only in the 89th percentile. I was told at an interview that the scores this year are the highest that they have ever seen. Kaplan is probably just out of date, you will never see a 20 in the 93rd percentile anymore, more like 22 or 23 depending on the section.

those are really good scores. I scored 17/18s the firs time I took the diagnostic. Don't get complacent, keep trying to score higher!