Just took Kaplan Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Greensalad

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I bought the book from Barnes and Noble today and did the back of the book full-length exam. How well did you guys do on it? And how does each section compare to the real thing nowadays?

Members don't see this ad.

IMO, Kaplan exams were easier than the real thing on every section. I took the DAT a few weeks ago.

Most sections of Kaplan were all easier or some sections maybe equivalent to the real thing. Like I said, for me there wasn't a single section on Kaplan that was harder than the actual test.

I consistently did 24+ on Kaplan QR and I did 19 on the real thing. I chocked on the real QR.

Don't underestimate the real DAT. If it was easy, then everyone would be doing dentistry. Prepare as much as you can and take it. I absolutely would not use Kaplan to gauge my performance on the real thing.

Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
I felt the Kaplan G chem, RC, and QR was harder than the real deal. Kaplan Bio was easier than the real deal. O chem and Pat are harder to compare but for me I guess i'd have to say Kaplan O Chem was easier a bit and Kaplan PAT was harder when it came to pattern folding, easier keyholes, and same angle ranking, cube counting, and hole punch. I took the class though so im referring to all the extra material, practice exams, and subject tests too.

I thought that Kaplan QR subject tests were way harder than the real thing. Kaplan PAT is almost a waste of time it is so easy. I also thought RC was harder on the real thing. The sciences seemed to be a pretty good match, except for maybe Bio, which surprised me with its diffiiculty on the real deal.

32. Cardiac muscle:
A. Is innervated by the somatic motor nervous system
B. Is not striated.
C. Is multi-nucleated
D. Has voluntary contraction
E. Does not require Ca2+

According to the Kaplan book, it is D.

Any comments?

32. Cardiac muscle:
A. Is innervated by the somatic motor nervous system
B. Is not striated.
C. Is multi-nucleated
D. Has voluntary contraction
E. Does not require Ca2+

According to the Kaplan book, it is D.

Any comments?

did you mean INvoluntary contraction? otherwise i'd say it's multi-nucleated because some cells in cardiac muscles are di-nucleated.

did you mean INvoluntary contraction? otherwise i'd say it's multi-nucleated because some cells in cardiac muscles are di-nucleated.

You mean, did Kaplan mean involuntary contraction? Who knows? It wasn't one of the choices. And yes I also chose multi-nucleated, but it wasn't the answer in the back of the book.

Kaplan has multiple errors here and there just like probably most resources do. I've noticed a couple as well (in the classroom based material). I just double check what I think is the real answer with a professor or text and chalk it up to errors in reviewing. In one of my RC passages, one of the answers to the questions was listed twice (Choice A and Choice D), but you had to pick one. Most commonly my answer has been marked as incorrect on the score report, but when I go to the explanations, it shows a different letter choice for the answer. It is frustrating though...