Just took my DAT. 27AA 29TS PA 27

Started by chibimoon
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chibimoon

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I used both Bootcamp and the new DATBooster. I also got all the destroyer books but only had time to do the math. Overall I think the real DAT is much easier than the study materials though. I finished the sciences with 30ish min left to recheck my answers. The keyholes for PAT were much easier than PATbooster, but I got three rock keyholes and those were a bit harder and time consuming. The angle ranking section is more similar to PATbooster than Bootcamp. The reading passages were way shorter and easier to comprehend, but I did pretty badly at it regardless. The math section was moderate in difficulty.

I recommend both Bootcamp and DATBooster since they each have their own merits. PATbooster is a must have, but I find some of the answers for DATBooster science section to be slightly misleading/wrong. Destroyer is great if you have the time to go through them all, but it’s not a must since it’s much harder than the real deal.

Looking back, I wish I had more time to go through all the destroyer books. I also barely studied for the reading section. Overall I’m fairly satisfied with my performance since I barely got any sleep last night. Good luck to you all! It’s definitely easier than you think.
 

Attachments

  • B0B7B20B-DBBB-415E-982F-BF095B2B9797.jpeg
    B0B7B20B-DBBB-415E-982F-BF095B2B9797.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 306
Wow! Congrats! What was your study schedule like? ( Day/week hr's). How long did you study for?
I studied for roughly 2 months for 8-10ish hours per day. I would always start out by doing a PAT test and then move on to the sciences. I didn't start doing QR practice tests till 1 month prior to my test date.