revo14

5+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
I took my DAT two days ago,
PAT : 21 QR: 19 RC:17 Bio:26 GC:25 OC: 21 TS:24 AA:22
I really need help with the application and was wondering if there is anyone in sacramento Area who could help me out. I understand its pretty late but I'm kind of lost on where to start and how to choose schools.

Mar 6, 2013
Fhloston Paradise
Status
Dental Student
Way too late to apply. It's worth a shot but don't get your hopes up if you can't have everything submitted by this friday. Your scores are good though, apart from RC. I wouldn't worry about the 17 too much

About the Ads
OP
R

revo14

5+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
the transcripts have been recieved, I just added all courses manually, about to the "transcript review". I don't know how long the processing takes, I can have 2 LOR by end of this week and work on my personal statement. I was wondering how should I prioritize these.

thanks

Incis0r

I LOVE Dental School
5+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2014
Alterac Valley
Read Scumbag Steve's guide (sticked to front of pre-dental) on how to choose schools.

Try to get at least 3 LoRs. You're probably not going to be able to whip up a committee letter in a few days. Get at least 1 general dentist letter + two from science professors. Get those going ASAP.

Submit ASAP - it takes time to process everything.

Realize you're at a disadvantage because of your late application. It could be several weeks before you get an interview invite, and that may be a post-dec invite.

OP
R

revo14

5+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
Read Scumbag Steve's guide (sticked to front of pre-dental) on how to choose schools.

Try to get at least 3 LoRs. You're probably not going to be able to whip up a committee letter in a few days. Get at least 1 general dentist letter + two from science professors. Get those going ASAP.

Submit ASAP - it takes time to process everything.

Realize you're at a disadvantage because of your late application. It could be several weeks before you get an interview invite, and that may be a post-dec invite.
thanks , does research professor count as a science professor?

Incis0r

I LOVE Dental School
5+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2014
Alterac Valley
thanks , does research professor count as a science professor?
I would get two professors who taught you in a science class. Each school has its own unique letter requirements but generally speaking 1 general dentist + 2 science profs + 1 other rec should cover you for a good amount of them.

About the Ads