Just Took my DAT, need help with application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

revo14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my DAT two days ago,
PAT : 21 QR: 19 RC:17 Bio:26 GC:25 OC: 21 TS:24 AA:22
I really need help with the application and was wondering if there is anyone in sacramento Area who could help me out. I understand its pretty late but I'm kind of lost on where to start and how to choose schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Way too late to apply. It's worth a shot but don't get your hopes up if you can't have everything submitted by this friday. Your scores are good though, apart from RC. I wouldn't worry about the 17 too much

Members don't see this ad :)
the transcripts have been recieved, I just added all courses manually, about to the "transcript review". I don't know how long the processing takes, I can have 2 LOR by end of this week and work on my personal statement. I was wondering how should I prioritize these.

thanks

Read Scumbag Steve's guide (sticked to front of pre-dental) on how to choose schools.

Try to get at least 3 LoRs. You're probably not going to be able to whip up a committee letter in a few days. Get at least 1 general dentist letter + two from science professors. Get those going ASAP.

Submit ASAP - it takes time to process everything.

Realize you're at a disadvantage because of your late application. It could be several weeks before you get an interview invite, and that may be a post-dec invite.

Read Scumbag Steve's guide (sticked to front of pre-dental) on how to choose schools.

Try to get at least 3 LoRs. You're probably not going to be able to whip up a committee letter in a few days. Get at least 1 general dentist letter + two from science professors. Get those going ASAP.

Submit ASAP - it takes time to process everything.

Realize you're at a disadvantage because of your late application. It could be several weeks before you get an interview invite, and that may be a post-dec invite.

thanks , does research professor count as a science professor?

thanks , does research professor count as a science professor?

I would get two professors who taught you in a science class. Each school has its own unique letter requirements but generally speaking 1 general dentist + 2 science profs + 1 other rec should cover you for a good amount of them.