Just took my first Achiever test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jasminetea7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My DAT is scheduled next Friday (yikes!) and I just took my first Achiever practice test......

and I almost had a heart attack when I saw the score.

I've been studying with Destroyer, CDP, and CDM but my score on Achiever was HORRIFYING.

FYI, I went through the entire Destroyer book at least twice but my science score on Achiever was 17 (Average).
My CDP average was about 21 but I got 18 on Achiever.
My CDM average was 20 but I got 22 on Achiever (the only part that relieves me).

and I AM FREAKING OUT now because of my science score.

Any word of advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard Achiever is unnecessarily hard, as in...it's harder than the actual DAT. If you're getting 17's w/ Achiever, I'd say you're right about where you need to be. If you're looking for a better representation of the DAT, check out TopScore. Good luck next week!

From what I have read on this forum.. Achiever is much harder than the real DAT and ppl who have scored in high 20's on the actual DAT were scoring the range of 17's to 20's on Achiever.

If I were you I would not panic and continue taking more test and yes would certainly try Topscore.. it resembles the real test atleast in the level of toughness...

Again this is from silently reading this forum regularly

Good Luck next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Achiever is the hardest one and the actual test is much easier...I think your good to go...specially for math ;)

DO NOT FREAK OUT!
I was in the exact same position as you a few months back!!
I only took 2 achievers up until the day of the test. and i scored miserably (16-18 in sciences). I even thought about post-poning
then!, on the morning of the test (i scheduled my test for afternoon), i did the third test (just science section) and scored 27TS!!!
Then on the real test, i scored 24, not the 27 i had, but nevertheless... i was happy, all i am saying is, destroyer can be discouraging and may not be indicative of your knowledge. If you have gone through destroyer, you are READY!
good luck

My DAT is scheduled next Friday (yikes!) and I just took my first Achiever practice test......

and I almost had a heart attack when I saw the score.

I've been studying with Destroyer, CDP, and CDM but my score on Achiever was HORRIFYING.

FYI, I went through the entire Destroyer book at least twice but my science score on Achiever was 17 (Average).
My CDP average was about 21 but I got 18 on Achiever.
My CDM average was 20 but I got 22 on Achiever (the only part that relieves me).

and I AM FREAKING OUT now because of my science score.

Any word of advice?

Don't be too worried. I took the Achiever tests in the couple of weeks before my test date. My TS scores were 21, 19, 21. I ended up with a 30TS on the real thing. Just keep your head up and keep studying. You're in better shape than you think.

Thank you everyone!

Some of you recommended TopScore, but I'm not sure if I want to spend money on more practice tests (especially because I only have about a week) so I think I'll just try going through Achiever. :)

Achiever is a beast. I forgot to look at SDN forums while taking that practice exam (silly me) I hit severe depression 2 weeks prior to the exam after looking at my practice exam scores. Somehow I pushed through and only later found out that, like everyone here has stated, achiever is muuuuch harder than the real exam. I scored about 15s on the science sections on achiever and scored 4-5 points higher on the real thing. So don't fret too much if your scores aren't that hot. Just use it as another study aid and make sure you really understand the questions you're getting wrong, both the right answer choice and the wrong answer choices. Do that, and you should do more than well on the real thing. Good luck!

p.s. I found TopScore to be more resembling of my actual performance on the DAT.

Achiever is a beast. I forgot to look at SDN forums while taking that practice exam (silly me) I hit severe depression 2 weeks prior to the exam after looking at my practice exam scores. Somehow I pushed through and only later found out that, like everyone here has stated, achiever is muuuuch harder than the real exam. I scored about 15s on the science sections on achiever and scored 4-5 points higher on the real thing. So don't fret too much if your scores aren't that hot. Just use it as another study aid and make sure you really understand the questions you're getting wrong, both the right answer choice and the wrong answer choices. Do that, and you should do more than well on the real thing. Good luck!

p.s. I found TopScore to be more resembling of my actual performance on the DAT.
After I took my DAT today, i found the achiever is more resembling to my DAT, even easier. Topscore is way too easy comparing my DAT, I had 23,25,23 on my topscore but endup with 21, 23, 23 on my real DAT.