just took my test...

jaeill

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok this is to encourage anyone that's been getting stressed out about the oats...i took the oat back in june and these were my scores...

QR 340
RC 300
BIO 280
GC 320
OC 350
PH 330
TS 320
AA 320

i was pretty disappointed with my score and retook the exam today and this was my score...

QR 380
RC 310
BIO 380
GC 350
OC 400
PH 330
TS 380
AA 360

my best advice would be to do as many practice problems as possible....i used the only the kaplan book and tests for the first test and used the kaplan, princeton review and destroyer for the second one...so if you're scoring really low dont let it get you down....

Members don't see this ad.

ok this is to encourage anyone that's been getting stressed out about the oats...i took the oat back in june and these were my scores...

QR 340
RC 300
BIO 280
GC 320
OC 350
PH 330
TS 320
AA 320

i was pretty disappointed with my score and retook the exam today and this was my score...

QR 380
RC 310
BIO 380
GC 350
OC 400
PH 330
TS 380
AA 360

my best advice would be to do as many practice problems as possible....i used the only the kaplan book and tests for the first test and used the kaplan, princeton review and destroyer for the second one...so if you're scoring really low dont let it get you down....

GOOD JOB!!!! Do you recommend the OAT destroyer?

Besides your BIO, the original scores weren't bad. Why did u decide to retake the OATs?

Members don't see this ad :)
in reply to dryeye....i would definitely recommend destroyer...it is way more in depth than the kaplan bio....i would score about high 80 to 90% on the kaplan practice quizzes but when i took the destroyer test i got about 65%....i also recognized 2 of the exact same questions from the destroyer in the actual oat test....so i would definitely recomment destroyer since it involves alot of critical thinking as opposed to the kaplan questions which only involve straight facts....

in reply to zygote....im planning on applying to scco....their average oat score is about 330 and they encourage all scores over 300 thats why i took the test over...

Good Stuff. I know someone who did the exact same thing as you. First time they got a 320AA and second time they got a 360AA. Really if you put the effort into it you can do well!

QR 340
RC 300
BIO 280
GC 320
OC 350
PH 330
TS 320
AA 320

QR 380
RC 310
BIO 380
GC 350
OC 400
PH 330
TS 380
AA 360

your first grades are similar to mine I am going to reatke the Test but how come you jump in Bio from 280 to 380 that section on the OAT hurts me a lot do you noticeyou get different topics in each exam, what are these topics if you still remembe ?.

I would highly recommend the destroyer for the bio section...it is alot more in depth than kaplan....for example....kaplan has alot of basic definition questions such as...what is the function of the mitochondria...whereas destroyer would ask you....where is something located and why is it located there? so its more critical thinking than kaplan which forces you to really understand concepts and defnitions and apply them....

Last edited:
I would highly recommend the destroyer for the bio section...it is alot more in depth than kaplan....for example....kaplan has alot of basic definition questions such as...what is the function of the mitochondria...whereas destroyer would ask you....where in the nephron would you find the most mitochondria? so its more critical thinking than kaplan which forces you to really understand concepts and defnitions and apply them....

Can you sell me your OAT destroyer? (it's a book right? Not online?)

i actually used the dat destoyer...which is pretty much the same thing...i have the blue kaplan book with all the subjects, kaplan lesson book, kaplan flash cards, kaplan tests on disc with explanations, mcat audio lessons, dat princeton review book, and dat destroyer if anyone is interested...

QR 340
RC 300
BIO 280
GC 320
OC 350
PH 330
TS 320
AA 320

QR 380
RC 310
BIO 380
GC 350
OC 400
PH 330
TS 380
AA 360

Great job . Where are you applying?

Congrats! I'm taking mine this Thursday and still studying to make sure I've got all the details covered. Did you by any chance take the OAT achiever or the opted exam? if so, how'd they compare w/ the real thing?

Also, what were the exact timings and questions per section for QR and RC? thanks much, and CONGRATS again!!! :)

I only used the kaplan practice tests, princeton review practice tests, and the destroyer.....i went thru every question at least twice and that more than enough prepared me for the test.....i think the kaplan tests were pretty accurate to the real test except the bio section....the bio section seemed more detailed in the actual test and i felt that kaplan didnt do a good job preparing for that section so i would recommend the destroyer for the bio section at least.....to me the destroyer was the best preparation and it actually had some problems that were exactly the same in the actual test. hope that helps