Just took the DAT, should I apply ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I just took the DAT. Here’s my breakdown:

14 PAT
15 QR
20 RC
18 BIO
18 Gen Chem
20 Organic Chem
18 TS
18 AA
I gave it my all and I really don’t want to retake. How important is PAT to dental schools ? I have a 3.2 Science Gpa and 3.4 Overall. Should I apply next cycle ?
 
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you will almost certainly need to retake. Most schools have a 16/17 score lower limit for all sections - the 15 QR isn't a dealbreaker, but the 14 PAT certainly is. Not to be a complete downer, but a 3.2 sGPA is also on the lower side. With that GPA, I would think you should aim for a 20+ TS and AA just to balance it out. Of course, people have been accepted with an 18 TS/AA and your GPA, but I would think they are exceptions rather than the rule (also depends on your ECs, though).

What resources did you use to prepare?