RC: 23
BIO: 24
Gen Chem: 30
OCHEM:23
TS:25
AA:24

GPA:3.8
Science GPA: 3.75
I go to a pretty competitive university, and I have a lot of shadowing/volunteering hours.

This is my first try. what worries me is that my QR is a bit low. My target schools all have pretty high requirements...I'm not sure if I should retake it or not..I though 24 was pretty good but I just found SO MANY posts on SDN where people got a 26AA!! omggg!
I can't seem to find the percentile anywhere, can someone tell me my chances? My target schools are upenn, columbia, USC, harvard, UCLA.
I feel like recently the DAT average has gone up by quite a bit....
If anyone (past applicants, dental students, etc.....) can give me some advice, that'll be amazing.
Thank you all so much in advance. Feel free to message me if you have any questions!

OP
X

xyz666

2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
:whoa:

What the hell is wrong with this year...... I was happy with my scores at first but I'm starting to reconsider.

Also, you have a great shot at any of those schools. According to the 2009 statistics, a 21QR is in the 97th percentile. Not bad by any means.
Thank you for your response! :) you read my mind. I was super happy with my score but I came home and read all these posts on SDN and I'm freaking out, lol.

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
A "21 is low", get out of here please.... You did an awesome job in all sections. SO jelly of that 30 in GC. You did what I couldn't :). Also, awesome job in BIO, OC, and PAT!!

Reactions: orgoman22

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Also umm... SDN is full of nutcases. Take the ridiculous scores with a grain of salt... Maybe... Maybe I should find that rock I've always been talking about and just hibernate there until this cycle is over.

O Gaúcho

2+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2014
Status
Dental Student
You will not have any problems getting into USC haha And you have an excellent shot at the other schools! Great job!

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER... Dr. Romano and Nancy
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
Hi everyone!
Just finished the DAT today! This is my score breakdown:
PAT: 22
QR: 21
RC: 23
BIO: 24
Gen Chem: 30
OCHEM:23
TS:25
AA:24

GPA:3.8
Science GPA: 3.75
I go to a pretty competitive university, and I have a lot of shadowing/volunteering hours.

This is my first try. what worries me is that my QR is a bit low. My target schools all have pretty high requirements...I'm not sure if I should retake it or not..I though 24 was pretty good but I just found SO MANY posts on SDN where people got a 26AA!! omggg!
I can't seem to find the percentile anywhere, can someone tell me my chances? My target schools are upenn, columbia, USC, harvard, UCLA.
I feel like recently the DAT average has gone up by quite a bit....
If anyone (past applicants, dental students, etc.....) can give me some advice, that'll be amazing.
Thank you all so much in advance. Feel free to message me if you have any questions!

Congratulations! Very nice scores indeed and you have an excellent chance receiving interviews at some, if not all schools on your target list.

Wishing you the best..

Nancy