Just took the DAT!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jsdent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well after sacrificing my whole summer to study here's the breakdown!!!

PAT: 21
QR: 22
RC: 23
BIO: 23
GC: 27
OC: 25
TS: 25
AA: 24

All that time put in sure was worth it !! Was not expecting this at all to be honest, but I'll take it!

Feel free to ask any questions I'd love to chat with some of you !!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
DAMN sick scores :O!!! Let me crawl under a rock now. I'd normally want proof but I'm almost always given it so why bother xD.

Members don't see this ad :)
what did you think of the biology section?
Bio was on par with the bootcamp tests I think maybe a little easier, were some weird questions in there but I feel like that's unavoidable since there's such a wide scope for Bio. Otherwise it was pretty straight forward!

Last edited:
Bio was on par with the bootcamp tests I think maybe a little easier, were some weird questions in there but I feel like that's unavoidable since there's such a wide scope for Bio. Otherwise it was pretty straight forward! And one really easy one that stuck out to me was something like "A couple has 5 sons, what is the chance that their 6th is a boy?"..LOL
Please tell me it's 50%. lmao

Reactions: 1 user
https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlik...i5_if_a_couple_has_five_sons_how_is_possible/

Copy/paste from reddit 3 years ago lol

QUESTION
If a couple has five sons, how is possible that their next baby has a 50% chance of being a boy while it is simultaneously statistically unlikely that they'll have six boys?

ANSWER
The two probabilities coexist because you are asking different questions.

Question 1: Given that a couple has 5 sons, what is the probability that their next child is also a boy? Answer: 50%, because the genders of the previous siblings does not affect the next outcome.

Question 2: What is the probability that a family with 6 children has 6 sons? Answer: (1/2)6 , or less than 2 percent.

Think about it this way: For every family of 5 sons, there will be many more families with a mix of sons and daughters.

https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlik...i5_if_a_couple_has_five_sons_how_is_possible/

Copy/paste from reddit 3 years ago lol

QUESTION
If a couple has five sons, how is possible that their next baby has a 50% chance of being a boy while it is simultaneously statistically unlikely that they'll have six boys?

ANSWER
The two probabilities coexist because you are asking different questions.

Question 1: Given that a couple has 5 sons, what is the probability that their next child is also a boy? Answer: 50%, because the genders of the previous siblings does not affect the next outcome.

Question 2: What is the probability that a family with 6 children has 6 sons? Answer: (1/2)6 , or less than 2 percent.

Think about it this way: For every family of 5 sons, there will be many more families with a mix of sons and daughters.
Going a bit overkill here eh xD? Good explanation though

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol I did not write that , I just googled it and it came up word for word

Dude same question here. I wonder if we had same test :O was the QR section like super hard/weird?

Bio was on par with the bootcamp tests I think maybe a little easier, were some weird questions in there but I feel like that's unavoidable since there's such a wide scope for Bio. Otherwise it was pretty straight forward! And one really easy one that stuck out to me was something like "A couple has 5 sons, what is the chance that their 6th is a boy?"..LOL

Congratulations! Excellent scores! Your sacrifice paid off, you may have lost a summer but you will gain admission to dental school.

Wishing you the best..

Nancy

All that time put in sure was worth it !! Was not expecting this at all to be honest, but I'll take it!

What method you used for RC?

What method you used for RC?

I would read the first few paragraphs really closely and get the big ideas of the article then read about half quickly. Then I'd answer a few questions until I came upon something I didn't read yet then continue reading. After that I just kinda went back and forth and did search and destroy.

Wow!!! Congratulations !!!!! :) I'm taking mine in two months.. I hope to do as well as you did!

Thanks !! Good luck, keep up with it don't get discouraged and study hard and you should do great!
Thank you for the words of encouragement!! I have been feeling very overwhelmed lately but I am going to try my hardest! :)

Reactions: 1 user