Just took the dat !!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AA: 20 PAT: 21 TS: 23 Orgo: 22 Gen Chem:23 Bio:24
Overall GPA: 3.56 Science GPA 3.3'

What did I use:

DESTROYER: I used the destroyer for the sciences as well as for math. the new math destroyer is exactly what you are going to get on the DAT no more no less. The destroyer can worth gold or nothing based on how you use it. if you use it a practice exam book...to see how many questions you get right... you may want to dump it in the garbage!
But if you make sure to go over each question and answers INCLUDING THE WRONG ANSWERS (THERE ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE TO LEARN!!!!) then the destroyer is gold!!!!

I agree that the chemistry calculation on the destroyer are way harder than the actual exam, but by practicing on it, I was able to answer the ones on the real DAT in light speed!!! so what I would suggest is to go over all the question but rather than to spend time on calculations... you should focus on the concepts behind it.

I owe my 24 in bio to the bio section of the destroyer... there is no secret for this section... seat and study days and nights untill you know every single right and wrong answers of the destroyer.

CRACK THE PAT: way harder than the actual, but it is a must!!!!
my actual DAT seemed pretty easy to me only because I trained my self with harder problems...

TOP SCORE: DON'T STUDY FROM IT!!!!! ITS NOT MEANT FOR IT!!! I bought the software just to train myself into being in exam condition...
I would recommend taking a pratice test every week for three weeks before the exam. (be carefull, top score is way easier than the actual DAT!!!! so do not get too excited over your scores... they don't mean nothing!!!!)
ACHIEVER: way too hard and too tricky especially for the chem section... they are insane..... my opinion: not worth the money

KAPLAN BLEU BOOK: the KBB did a pretty good job into going over the very basics of the sciences which correspond to 45% of the real exam...
for the other 55% the destroyer took care of them...

CLIFF'S BIO: bought it but did not open it.... each time I tried reading I fall asleep...lol

WHAT'S THE SECRET TO SUCCEED ON THE DAT:
study study study..... there are no secrets!!!! only hard work would get you good results!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

you should transport this thread to the DAT discussions board......

Great scores too!

Members don't see this ad :)
Great scores. I hope your Math and RC scores are ok... if your TS is 23 but AA is 20...

Great job man. Can a mod move this to the DAT section where it'll be useful to many more ppl!

Thanks for the breakdown!!:thumbup:

Funny what you said about Topscore being too easy. I got at least 2 points better on the real DAT on every section except QR and RC today. Ochem I got 8 points higher on the real thing!