Just took the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just completed my DAT yesterday morning. I was actually a little surprised that I didn't get my scores back the same day. Anyways, I remembered the percentiles that I received on each section and based off of the ADA raw score conversions, I estimate my score to be:

PAT: 21
GC:21
BIO: 20
OC: 17
RC: 19
QR: 15
AA: 19
I bombed the QR section. I just couldn't finish it on time, too slow =(
My GPA and science GPA are both 3.73 right now. In your opinion, should I retake the DAT before applying this cycle or should I just focus on improving my GPA?
Thanks a bunch for everyone's help in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I just completed my DAT yesterday morning. I was actually a little surprised that I didn't get my scores back the same day. Anyways, I remembered the percentiles that received on each section and based off of the ADA raw score conversions, I estimate my score to be:

My GPA and science GPA are both 3.73 right now. In your opinion, should I retake the DAT before applying this cycle or should I just focus on improving my GPA?
Huh?? I've never heard of this happening...Oh and because these are estimated scores, advice at this point is arbitrary. Your TS will be about a 19 and AA 18 with the scores you posted. These scores would be ok to apply with, but if they fluctuate at all, you would be a in a completely different situation. So let's wait till you get your real scores back.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I just completed my DAT yesterday morning. I was actually a little surprised that I didn't get my scores back the same day. Anyways, I remembered the percentiles that received on each section and based off of the ADA raw score conversions, I estimate my score to be:

You're applying for 2015? I would retake because a 17 in OC is low. I think anything under an 18 in a science or RC might hold you back. What did you get in Ochem I and II?

If you retake, go out and buy Crack Math or Destroyer math. They will help you greatly for QR.

For OChem, Destroyer has an entire OChem book...it's probably in your interest to get that.

That's odd, why didn't you receive the scores on the same day?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,
First off, happy holidays, hope everyone had a good one. I got my unofficial test scores a week after my exam. Apparently the test admin was new and told me the wrong info, but I called back and got my unofficial scores.

They are:

BIO:22
GC: 22
RC: 18
TS: 20

My GPA is 3.73

My math isn't bad, but I don't know what happened during my exam. It was so stupid of me to obsess over questions. Should I retake the DAT? Several schools state on their admissions page that they "encourage" students to take the DAT once. I will be going through my clinical year training at medical technology school so next semester will be pretty tight academically. If I focus on my classes completely, I can raise my gpa to 3.85. What do you guys think, better DAT or better GPA? Thanks for all those who provided input on my earlier post.

Happy new years!
dentX

Hey guys,
First off, happy holidays, hope everyone had a good one. I got my unofficial test scores a week after my exam. Apparently the test admin was new and told me the wrong info, but I called back and got my unofficial scores.

They are:

BIO:22
GC: 22
RC: 18
TS: 20

My GPA is 3.73

Should I retake the DAT?

Excellent scores, no retake necessary, ship it !!!:)