Just Took the OAT yesterday....

msosman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So after waiting for Ramadan to be over and finally deciding to be a big boy and take the OAT....I went in yesterday (nervous as can be of course) and came out with the following....(raw score of course)

QR..330..81%
RC..340..87%
Bio..280..30% --> trash...i know
Chem..360..93%
OC..320..69%
Phys..310..67%
TS...320
AA..320

GPA..3.1
Degrees...B.S. Chemistry w/Biochemistry Option
B.A. Biology

overall, it was ok i guess, i just about ran out of time on the QR (13 question to go with 7 mins haha), i was pretty nervous, i think thats why i did so bad on the bio, i think that if i could have pulled that one section up a bit, i would be fine.....now im not sure, idk if i want to retake it...

question: is the "unofficial" score i got at the testing site the same as the score that will be sent? or is it adjusted in one way or another?

Members don't see this ad.

sorry but ima make fun of u now: omg u waited till ramadan was over LOL! i took my OAT on aug 29 and it was no big thing. i thought it was going to be harder in the beginning of summer but once ramadan started i was fine, a little woozy during the practice tests lol but i was good during the big day.

well back to being nice now: it really depends on what school you want to go to. actually looking at your gpa now I think you should retake it. of course if you have been shadowing a lot of optometrists and have amazing EC adcoms might overlook it but you would be better off with a nice OAT. do you know what your pre-req gpa is?

majority of the time the unofficial score is the one sent unless the OAT people find some error or decide to "re-score" a section but I haven't heard of that happening.

the best thing you can do is look up the schools you are interested in and let them know your stats and stuff because they can really let you know if you need to retake or not. hope this helps and good luck with everything :D