Ochem 400
phys 300
QR 330
TS 340
AA 340

gpa 3.4

Should I retake?

Members don't see this ad.

those are pretty good scores! I would not retake unless you have your heart set on SUNY. Make sure during the interview that you are able to articulate well so admissions will not penalize you for your RC score. It doesn't hurt to call a few schools and ask questions. Hold your head up high, you did fine :)

Thanks for your reply OD4eyes. My choice of schools are ucb, scco and western university of hs, but my main one is probably scco. I read somewhere that the minimum for each section was a 300, so I will probably take the oat again. I'm just worried that with school starting, I won't have time to review everything along with keeping up my class readings and such.

Thanks for your reply OD4eyes. My choice of schools are ucb, scco and western university of hs, but my main one is probably scco. I read somewhere that the minimum for each section was a 300, so I will probably take the oat again. I'm just worried that with school starting, I won't have time to review everything along with keeping up my class readings and such.

Call the schools first. Some schools will overlook the RC score if you did well on English composition courses. I spoke to Western regarding this issue and they may overlook that score. If you are going to retake you have to tell them ASAP. Don't be afraid to call!

jenny,

i'm in the same boat as you are, everything is alright except rc.
Just wanted to let you know that scco will definitely not accept anything under 300 for rc, ts, and aa.
i'm in school also but planning to retake it in december =/