Just took the pcat. 97 composite. Ask anything

Started by Stabler22
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Awesome! Thanks! How long did you use collins for?
I spent a total of 2 months studying. The last month I really cracked down on learning topics I was unsure about. I would highly emphasize knowing your gen chem calculations, I had about 6- although they were simple. O chem is not too heavy. Math was literally 5% calculus for me, no trig, and mostly algebra- with simple calculations. 40% of math was word problems.
 
WIth that being said, scroll through every easy math problem. There's quite a bit of easy plug and chug or simple algebra/ simple logs. Do those. Come back and the end to the hefty word problems
Okay!! Thank you! Did you just take it today? Also, do you remember how many passages in bio and chem section? Is it like pearson practice test where there are 5 passages in each section (bio and chem)?
 
Okay!! Thank you! Did you just take it today? Also, do you remember how many passages in bio and chem section? Is it like pearson practice test where there are 5 passages in each section (bio and chem)?
Yup 8 am today! Bio and chem had about 4-5 passages, about 20 questions stemming from them.
 
Yup 8 am today! Bio and chem had about 4-5 passages, about 20 questions stemming from them.
Congratulations!! You are done with this nightmare! lol Was there a lot of diseases in the biology section? Do you think the difficulty is similar to Dr. Collins? Or similar to pearson?
 
Congratulations!! You are done with this nightmare! lol Was there a lot of diseases in the biology section? Do you think the difficulty is similar to Dr. Collins? Or similar to pearson?
Collins is strange because it only has one passage per test. The stand alones really are that easy. The passages are a bit harder . Pearson passages are spot on
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Gotcha! I took pearson test 7 yesterday and the chem and bio passages are horrible. I had to guess on a lot of them. I hope the passages are mostly common sense 🙁 Did you also say the writing is not too bad? I was afraid they gonna have me write solutions to a diffucult problem lol
 
Gotcha! I took pearson test 7 yesterday and the chem and bio passages are horrible. I had to guess on a lot of them. I hope the passages are mostly common sense 🙁 Did you also say the writing is not too bad? I was afraid they gonna have me write solutions to a diffucult problem lol
Writing was the easiest part, no worries!
 
Heyy,

So i am taking the PCAT tomorrow for the first time and i haven't taken orgo or calc. I have been using the Collins study guide and everything but I am feel really nervous. I tried to do the pearson exam today but i took literally a major L on that... Can anyone tell me if the pearson is similar to the test or am I good with the Collins?
 
Heyy,

So i am taking the PCAT tomorrow for the first time and i haven't taken orgo or calc. I have been using the Collins study guide and everything but I am feel really nervous. I tried to do the pearson exam today but i took literally a major L on that... Can anyone tell me if the pearson is similar to the test or am I good with the Collins?
The good thing is that the PCAT is not calculus heavy. If I recall, the blueprint says 14%? In my test it was honestly not even that much. Most of it was algebra.

As far as orgo, memorize the basic reactions outlined by Collins. That will get you enough info to get the orgo questions right
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The good thing is that the PCAT is not calculus heavy. If I recall, the blueprint says 14%? In my test it was honestly not even that much. Most of it was algebra.

As far as orgo, memorize the basic reactions outlined by Collins. That will get you enough info to get the orgo questions right
How about the biology section? i looked at the pearson and its very different compared to the Collins?
 
Hello, what were the changes made to this year's PCAT? Someone i know studied last year's Dr. Collin's and they did not do so well. any suggestions as of what to use and how to prepare for it for next time?? Thank you in advance
 
Hello, what were the changes made to this year's PCAT? Someone i know studied last year's Dr. Collin's and they did not do so well. any suggestions as of what to use and how to prepare for it for next time?? Thank you in advance
I used 2016 dr Collins and it had more than enough info