Jul 28, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Other than timing issue(which i dont have especially with 46 ques blocks now), are there any serious drawbacks to just doing the questions tutor mode, especially 2nd time thru.
Reason i like it is it gives me an immediate gratification of knowing why i got it right or wrong!

karizma098

Neon Tiger
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2005
Status
Medical Student
Other than timing issue(which i dont have especially with 46 ques blocks now), are there any serious drawbacks to just doing the questions tutor mode, especially 2nd time thru.
Reason i like it is it gives me an immediate gratification of knowing why i got it right or wrong!
it's a bad idea because it doesn't simulate a real exam setting. you're not going to have the gratification of knowing if you got it right or wrong on the real test, so why train yourself to do it? you can still see everything you got right/wrong and review it after doing the block.

peter90036

not out fishing
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2005
next to the pond
Status
Attending Physician
like everything else- it depends on how you learn.

i did just that, 1st time thru was timed. 2nd time i had no patience and did tutor for the satisfaction :) / but you should do timed blocks close to exam time because you get messed up & anxious not receiving immediate feedback and the exam will be many many hours with no feedback