Just wondering.. How do/did you guys pay for postbacc?

Started by jeongae74
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jeongae74

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We all know preparing med school is a lot of money. I was wondering...
How do you pay for it? Do you take loan, working part-time, or full time, or sugar daddy??
🙄
 
Loans...
I believe, unless you have the money and I bet many people do not.
It's said really.
 
I asked this same question last week and hardly got any replies. I guess paying for non-degree, full time coursework for which it's nearly impossible to get scholarships isn't as big a deal for people as I would've thought. I guess you just bite the bullet and take out loans. Either that, or work full time, take twice as long to complete your postbacc, and risk not being able to devote full effort your studies and volunteering.

jeongae74 said:
We all know preparing med school is a lot of money. I was wondering...
How do you pay for it? Do you take loan, working part-time, or full time, or sugar daddy??
🙄
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Working in my boring-yet-stressful Dilbertesque corporate job over the past 4 1/2 years, I somehow inadvertently (I say this because at no time was it my intention) saved up enough money for full-time tuition + living expenses for at least one year.
 
In all seriousness, I am taking out loans. I'd love to get by on my "hunk of my man" looks, But no one (female) wILL oblidge with me. Is it different in Boston? Can a muscle man with brains get by?????? We shall see. I am In Minnesota, and the women here are dumb. Please Help?????????????????????????? Lol .
 
Tried selling blood, but they only gave $60 per pint. That just wasn't enough, so I took out loans. Massive loans. I'm like $60,000 or $70,000 in debt from them right now.
 
loans loans loans... you're already going to be $125,000 in the hole after med school tuition alone, another 10k and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner won't kill you (trust me, and i don't like pb&j).
 
I work, Full time 'cause I gotta...

Right now I'm in school part time (11 hours)

I was lucky enough to qualify for a PTK scholarship.

When I go full time I will cut back to part time work and cut WAY BACK financially... I did it before. It was tough, but I made it. It's amazing what you realize you can do without when you have no cash! 😛

This time by the time I'm ready to go full time, I'll have my nursing degree. I can still work PRN and be able to eat and afford a tank of gas every other week (if it stays under $3/gallon) 😛

No more sleeping in the car! NO Siree! 😀

I've heard of those loan thingees... Seems the way to go for most folks...