Just wondering

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docbarry

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any post baccalaureate programs that gaurantee admission to medical school? Just wondering. What are usually the admissions standards for a post baccalaureate program?

Members don't see this ad.

docbarry said:
Does anyone know of any post baccalaureate programs that gaurantee admission to medical school? Just wondering. What are usually the admissions standards for a post baccalaureate program?

I think Rosalind Franklin does if you meet their criteria. That's the only one I've heard of that comes close to a guarantee as opposed to a possible linkage.

Ockham

No guarantees, per se, but some have linkage programs. Search SDN under postbac linkage and you'll get tons of info. Tufts, Bryn Mawr, Goucher are some that I can think of that have linkages. The special masters programs also have agreements of guaranteed interviews with the right GPA/MCAT combo.

As far as numbers, again this varies school to school and also by type of program (masters vs. undergrad courses). Hard and fast rule-- around a 3.0-3.3 GPA and a 27 MCAT for some of the more competitive programs, though your mileage may vary. Many get into programs with much less than a 3.0 or 27. Best of luck :thumbup:

Ok, what exactly is a linkage? My impression of it was that if you achieve a minimum gpa on your courses, you'll either get an offer of admission, or at the very least, an interview. Is that accurate?