just wondering

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cocokeala

katonk!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
sorry if a thread like this already exists..

how much do alumni connections actually help? has anyone actually experienced this advantage? i know my mom is a dentist and lots of others in my family are dentists but that issue didnt seem to come up once during my interviews and didnt seem to help me any.

on the other hand my friend recieved an interview from USC saying "although your stats are a little on the low side, we want to honor the members of our trojan family blah blah blah" so they gave her an interview.

just wondering..random observation.

Members don't see this ad.

I talked to UOP about that, my father and 5 others in my family (uncles, cousins etc.) have all graduated from UOP dentistry. They said they put a little star on your application for every alum that calls on your behalf. If you have the same app as someone else they are considering, they will take you over them. At least that is what UOP said.

wow i had no idea they did that. too bad i dont have any direct UOP alumni relatives....