Quantcast

k

BeMo Free Repeat™ On Us + 5 Med School Challenge
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jd989898

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
A lot of people don't view that as an accomplishment. It could be something to talk about in interviews, but I wouldn't use it for an accomplishment essay.

Aubrey Graham

Reaction score
Staying married would be a big accomplishment imo...

To OP: Stay married for 20 years then apply

Reactions: 7 users

starspells

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
I wonder how writing about marriage for secondaries that ask about "challenges" might be perceived?

thatwouldbeanarchy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wonder how writing about marriage for secondaries that ask about "challenges" might be perceived?
Can't say for sure how it'd be perceived. But I think it's good to keep in mind that anything written about in secondaries is fair game for interview conversation. I'm not sure how much I'd want to talk through my relationship issues in an interview... :unsure:

Crayola227

Contrary to rumor I am not Jesus
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If there was something unexpected and unusual that came up, I don't see why not. It needs to be exceptional and not off-putting.

Like, the time your husband developed Guillan-Barre and you had to nurse him and toilet him while maintaining a full course load at a 3.6 GPA work part time and care for the kids. That sort of thing.

Reactions: 1 users

BeachBlondie

Put some tussin on it!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I liked to drop the marriage thing during interviews, in the form of a joke.

Interviewer: "BeachBlondie, what would you say your biggest weakness is?"
Me: "Well, my husband would say that I'm stubborn *nudge nudge* nam'sayin? *wink*"

No, but really: I killed it last cycle with a commiserative marriage joke. Result: Waitlisted. Ha!! ....wait a minute....

Lannister

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
As a perpetually single person, I'd say that finding a significant other who likes you enough to marry you would feel like an accomplishment to me! :p

Reactions: 2 users

Gurby

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not about marriage per se, but all I can think about is this clip (NSFW language):

Mad Jack

Critically Caring
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Doing a thing that most normal people do at some point in their life isn't really an accomplishment. Maintaining a stable marriage for 30+ years tho, you reach that point and feel free to write about it.

Reactions: 1 user