Kaiser loan forgiveness

Started by apple83
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

apple83

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need information about loan forgiving option (pay 10 yrs and remainder is forgiven). I recently got offer from kaiser but it is on call position. I heard you can have loan forgiving option if you work for nonprofit. Does kaiser offer the program? I have about $240,000 loans and i really need to find the place to offer that loan forgiving option.
 
I need information about loan forgiving option (pay 10 yrs and remainder is forgiven). I recently got offer from kaiser but it is on call position. I heard you can have loan forgiving option if you work for nonprofit. Does kaiser offer the program? I have about $240,000 loans and i really need to find the place to offer that loan forgiving option.

It's a federal program administered by the Department of Education, not any private employers. Kaiser does qualify if you work average 30 hours per week.
 
I hope I am wrong on this matter, but don't bank on PSLF. There's no way it will survive congress. Once the dumb-stream media focuses on it, it will be toast.