Kansas alternate list question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

panda81

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I found out today that I'm #21 on the KU alternate list. I was wondering if anyone happens to know how far the list typically moves? ANY info. would be great!!!:D

Members don't see this ad.

bump. anyone?

Congratulations!

I have heard that the first 25 to 30 have a very good chance of getting in. I am sure you will be coming to our class. Do you know if all the applicants have been notified of their status? The reason I ask is a friend of mine, got a scholarship application and has not heard from them. I also know that some people got letters of no-acceptance. I got accepted through early decision.

Good Luck!

PM me if you need any more information!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Panda,

I have also heard the same about the first 25 having a good chance of getting in.

The numbers from last year are as follows

Total KU applications: 1293
KS residents: 413
Nonres w/KS "ties" : 68
Noresidents: 812

Applicants interviewed: 398
KS residents 297
Nonres w/KS "ties": 43
Nonres: 58

Total Admission Offers: 240
Early Decision: 35
Regular Decision: 185
Special programs: 20

Matriculants: 175
Early Decision: 35
Regular Decision: 118
Previous deferrals: 7
Post-Bac program: 9
Scholars in Prim Care: 4
MD/PhD: 2
Reapplicants: 54
KS Residents: 153
KS Percent: 87%
Nonres w/KS "tie": 6
Nonres: 16
Male: 101
Female: 74
African-American: 13
Mexican-American: 4
Native-American: 7
Puerto-Rican Mainland: 0
Other Hispanic: 4

So, as you can see, ~65 people last year declined their acceptance offer!!!! I was accepted to KU Med in december but I'm still waiting to hear back from some other schools. Also, financial aid was just due yesterday, and from what I heard, everyone that wasn't accepted in December should have gotten news of their position yesterday. Hope this helps!!!

Fountain, I got my scholarship application by email last week (several days before I heard from KU), but from what I understand, everyone should now know their status (or should know it shortly).

Felipe, where else are you looking at attending?

peace

hey panda,

I got an acceptance offer from NYU, but I'm really waiting to hear back from UPenn and Wash U.......I really liked both of those schools and would love to go to either school. THe suspense is killing me yo:horns:

felipe,
Both great schools. I went to Wash U for undergrad and worked in Barnes Hospital and at the med. school for a couple years. St. Louis is a great town and everyone I know who went to WU really loves it. It's top-notch in nearly every area.

Good luck and cheers

thanks for the kind words panda.......I hope everything works out for you!!!! Good luck:horns:

felipe-
how did you get those stats? do have those kinds of #'s for other schools?

hey man,

my mom is a college counselor in KC, and she has the pre-med-counselor hook up!!! As far as other schools, I don't think so seeing as my mom's pre-med counselor coworker corresponds to KU quite frequently, and thus got those #'s