Kansas Interview Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DreamComeTrue09

Second time the charm?
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you whom have also received the email below from Kansas, have any of you heard any news. The email states we'll hear back in late spring..that's far too long!! I'm so impatient!

At this time we have selected and scheduled applicants for interviews for the Class
of 2013. Please be aware that although you were not selected for an interview at
this time, the application cycle is not complete until we have filled our class.
Therefore, we will keep your file active should our admissions committee wish to
interview more applicants at a later time.

You will receive a final email from us regarding your application status during late
spring.

R. G. Elmore, DVM, MS, DACT
Associate Dean for Admissions and Diversity Programs
College of Veterinary Medicine
Kansas State University

Members don't see this ad.

I think the first intreviews aren't scheduled for mid January so if anything it wont be till after then I would guess that anyone would hear anything. I think the latest intreviews are around Feb 1st or so.

I hope this isn't a silly question, but do any of you know if we still have to mail out our fall 2008 transcripts to KSU, even if we are on the waitlist? I emailed someone from admissions about it, but never heard from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks GeeQued
Wildvet: I think you should send them. It couldn't hurt. I requested my transcripts be sent out as soon as my grades were available. I searched their website and never found any mention of Fall 2008 transcripts. For all of the schools that had no mention of them on their sites I sent them to them anyway. Only one school I know of, Minnesota, specifically stated they did not want Fall 2008 transcripts.

Thanks Dreams! :)

Yeah, I just didn't know whether it was worth it or not, since my school charges $5 per transcript... I sent it out to them anyway. It's better to be safe than sorry. And compared to my other schools, KSU's website was kind of vague about fall transcripts.

I thought I would bring this back, I highly doubt that the list is going to move, they interview a bunch of people. And it looks like they over accepted on the non-resident side also.

Here is the stats.

http://www.vet.ksu.edu/admit/admit_stats.htm

still remaining hopeful....has anyone whom was on this list received an interview invite or rejection yet?:luck:

I received the same email saying that I was on the interview waitlist...is that just a nice rejection letter??!! Do ya'll think they sent that to everyone to give us hope? CRAZY!!

i took it as a rejection and didn't even think about sending them my fall transcripts... i think in the kansas state thread someone said that they called and the admissions advisor about this and she said not to expect an interview.

in spite of all that, you're right for not giving up hope; they did say they'd keep your application active, after all.

i took it as a rejection and didn't even think about sending them my fall transcripts... i think in the kansas state thread someone said that they called and the admissions advisor about this and she said not to expect an interview.

in spite of all that, you're right for not giving up hope; they did say they'd keep your application active, after all.

I also did not send my fall transcripts....I looked at it like a sweet REJECTION letter!

Check out the Keeping Each Other Updated 2008-09 Thread
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=578748&page=3
Someone received this email, which is a flat out rejection for interviewing...

"Thank you for your interest in the College of Veterinary Medicine at Kansas State University. We appreciate the fact that you have invested your time and money in applying to our College; however, you were not selected to interview for the fall 2008 Admission.
Applicants were selected for interviews based on the last 45 hour undergraduate GPA, GPA for the 37 hours of required science courses, GRE scores and evidence of being able to complete 64 hours of pre-professional requirements by the end of the spring semester."

Last edited:
You just made me feel 10X better about myself! :D

lol....wait a second... why does it say "FALL 2008"?!! Was this a rejection letter from last year maybe, accidently posted? *confused* It would be Fall 2009 Admission.

CRASH...back to lowering the spirits! lol..I'm just kidding! I noticed that it was last years letter after I read it, but hey they may have done that this year...I seriously think it was just a nice regection letter.

yeah, i think i remember someone posting that same rejection letter on the kansas thread this year

I think I was the one that posted my rejection email on the "keeping each other updated" thread. I posted it on 12/14/08 but it is for the 2009 application cycle. Was I the only one with this email? I have not received an official rejection letter or any other emails.

Kansas email:

"Thank you for your interest in the College of Veterinary Medicine at Kansas State University. We appreciate the fact that you have invested your time and money in applying to our College; however, you were not selected to interview for the fall 2008 Admission. Applicants were selected for interviews based on the last 45 hour undergraduate GPA, GPA for the 37 hours of required science courses, GRE scores and evidence of being able to complete 64 hours of pre-professional requirements by the end of the spring semester."

***This email is very different from the waitlist email. Do not give up hope for the waitlist. I have a friend that got into Kansas last year. She was on the waitlist and was notified in JULY!! Only a few weeks before school started. The great part about it was this was her 4th time applying and she was rejected from all the other schools. She had almost given up hope! (I hope she doesn't mind me telling her story).:)

Hey pitbull lover =) It was your post I was referring to. I didn't want to single you out so I didn't use your s/n ;) I know how crappy such letters can make one feel and I remember you posted you received it on or around your birthday...I certainly didn't want to bring attention to it...but I was like hmm why does it say Fall 2008 admission..did the person accidently post an old letter? Thanks for clearing it up and posting..I began to lose hope and thought I received the standard no thankyou letter lol...My interview waitlist letter is the only good news I've received out of the 11 schools I applied to! Yeah, that's strange how it says Fall 2008 admission!! hah! hmm so that letter is saying you were not selected to interview but didn't flat out reject you, and the other letter says although we weren't selected to interview at this time we may/may not be interviewed in the future....bah! Yeah, I've had a few friends offered positions in July after already being rejected as well :eek: