Kansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vetgirl305

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many out-of-staters who applied to Kansas heard about interviews? I know some have interviewed and are already waiting for acceptance/rejection letters. Does anyone know how long Kansas interviews? Are they like Penn who continues till the end of March? Has anybody called or e-mailed to find out about their application status? (I havent heard anything bad yet, so I guess no news is good news....)

Members don't see this ad.

On another thread we wrote that KSU informed some of us that it may be until April before we hear from them because there will be another cycle of interviews (most likely). Look for the KSU thread.

i haven't heard anything from them. about a week ago i emailed for my application status

Members don't see this ad :)
KSU is funded by the head (of each student), so they want to fill as many seats as possible. If there are openings, they'll set up another round of interviews (supposedly, they did last year). It would help if they made everyone aware of this, but I had to call to find out.

Thanks peps. Keep me posted and I'll do the same.

I emailed KSU last week and they confirmed my app. was complete, but still haven't heard a yah or nay either way. Anyone else in this position??

I emailed KSU last week and they confirmed my app. was complete, but still haven't heard a yah or nay either way. Anyone else in this position??

Haven't heard anything either. However, I keep forgetting to email them to find out what's going on.. so for all I know my file might not even be complete. Yikes

Haven't heard anything either. However, I keep forgetting to email them to find out what's going on.. so for all I know my file might not even be complete. Yikes

Also in the same boat... I keep wondering if they didn't receive my application?! And then I get to wondering, I wonder if I can get some of that money back from applying!!

when someone does eventually hear from ksu, can you post? it might be yet another month....

So I've heard from the three other schools I've applied to, gone on my interviews, received my acceptances and rejections... am pretty much ready to make a final decision.

And I *STILL* haven't heard a word, not even a peep, from Kansas!!!

I know some people have been interviewed, and accepted or rejected from those, but I have literally not heard one thing from them since the day I pushed "send" on my VMCAS application.

I called today to ask if perhaps my letter got lost in the mail, or if they could give me an idea of where my application stood, and the lady simply said "we send out our final letters around the last week of April, once the class has been formed."

I thought we had to make decisions at other schools by April 15 lady?!!! :mad:

Hey "alonepear" I am in a similar situtation with Davis. I am ready to start choosing between my acceptances, but I haven't heard anything from Davis and I'm a ca resident. I called the school and they told me that I was in a "reserve interview" group. Basically if they did not have enough people accept interviews then they have more people to invite. So by now I know I am rejected and they said I would be recieving a written evaluation about my application soon. So i'm guessing that might be the case for you, becasue I interviewd at Kansas on Jan 14th. I wouldn't worry about having one more school to choose from, unless ksu was your #1. Good luck to you.

<-- still NOTHING from KSU. I'm going to go ahead and cross them off my list and assume defeat!

<-- still NOTHING from KSU. I'm going to go ahead and cross them off my list and assume defeat!

Ditto. Thanks for the advice lilobug, I had already assumed defeat long ago when you guys were off interviewing and I hadn't heard anything. It just sucks, picking a school and sending off my huge non-refundable deposit, still not even knowing 100% for sure that I don't have perhaps one more option.

I'd more than likely still choose Mississippi, but it's the principle of things! :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Kansas will do another set of interviews if there are not enough people to fill the class. So if you haven't heard anything, I would assume you are in a reserve pile waiting to see how the class fills.

So are the second round of interviews done only if they have exhasted thier waitlist?

So are the second round of interviews done only if they have exhasted thier waitlist?
totally offtopic, but im lovin ur forum name..haha.:luck:

still nothing here, either.

nothing here either..called 2 weeks ago and they were on spring break. no questions answered.

forgot to call back..but at this point I have to say that I don't care :p

Has anyone who has been designated as an alternate at KSU heard anything yet? I'm wondering when their deposit and decisions are due because I'm an alternate and they said they can pull you off the list all the way into August! Just wondering if they've even started that process.

Has anyone who has been designated as an alternate at KSU heard anything yet? I'm wondering when their deposit and decisions are due because I'm an alternate and they said they can pull you off the list all the way into August! Just wondering if they've even started that process.

I think I remember them saying that you won't here anything until after their deadline for acceptance responses and I believe that is April 16th. I don't think they will notify anyone on the alternate list until after that.

It really sucks that they still have not notified some people at all. You would think they would have the courtesy to at least tell you what is going on or that they at least looked at your application.

Alternate...haven't heard anything yet either, not that it matters for me at this point. Guess it makes sense that they would wait to start notifying alternates after April 15 when they know how many seats they still need to fill, but still...

Here's my beef.... if they have a waitlist, why oh why won't they just give us out-of-staters who didn't interview and haven't heard ANYTHING at all, a rejection letter already??

Is there really that high of a chance that *that* many people will decline their offers, along with those on the waitlist, that they'll need to tap into their "reserved" pile for some last-minute interviews?

I need the closure!!!

Here's my beef.... if they have a waitlist, why oh why won't they just give us out-of-staters who didn't interview and haven't heard ANYTHING at all, a rejection letter already??

Is there really that high of a chance that *that* many people will decline their offers, along with those on the waitlist, that they'll need to tap into their "reserved" pile for some last-minute interviews?

I need the closure!!!

hear! hear!

Hi guys! I can understand the frustration with not having heard from Kansas either way. I think that is just impolite (I am in the same boat with Michigan). I don't know what their system is, but there are already 3 people declining admission on this forum, and 2 declining the waitlist! So, maybe they do this because a large number of people decline spots. Who knows.

Anyway, I will be declining my acceptance, so this will be 4. Tsuki, did you ever call them to find out your status? Alonepear - I liked the program so much better at MS anyway! Still, they should at least let you know. I am none to thrilled for Michigan for doing the same to me.

Anyway, I will be declining my acceptance, so this will be 4. Tsuki, did you ever call them to find out your status? Alonepear - I liked the program so much better at MS anyway! Still, they should at least let you know. I am none to thrilled for Michigan for doing the same to me.

I didn't bother calling them again. Decided to factor them out of my decision

Boo to them :thumbdown:

maybe ksu is adopting a new 'environmental' policy: no paper mail to save trees and no email to conserve all the bad toxins that email transmission emits. :rolleyes:

of all the bitching i've done about purdue, at least they send you a letter telling you which stages your application moves through.

heh heh heh. just kidding. still nothing.:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

I'm right there with ya, nothing. They still tell me they got everything for my app., but no rejection letter yet?? Wierd.

Good luck twosoakers and philomycus! I was called off the waitlist and turned down the seat today (out of state). I'll keep my fingerscrossed that one of you gets it!

i've already accepted western, so a ksu acceptance wouldn't mean anything. i've suffered living in lafayette, indiana, the last three years, and the midwest can bite my ass.

Wivet2011, I appreciate the good wishes, but I never even interviewed!!! I am convinced they mailed a rejection letter and I never recieved it. I last called ~ month ago, and they said they have all of my stuff though. Can't they just say "hey, this is where we are with you..."?

Wivet2011, I appreciate the good wishes, but I never even interviewed!!! I am convinced they mailed a rejection letter and I never recieved it. I last called ~ month ago, and they said they have all of my stuff though. Can't they just say "hey, this is where we are with you..."?

Maybe it's a good sign that you haven't gotten a rejection from them yet. My guess is that if you had been rejected already, they would have told you when you called to make sure they had everything (at least I hope they would be that considerate) The waitlist is moving so maybe they'll go through the entire list and end up doing more interviews. Don't give up hope yet!

they told me they'd be probably be calling people in april for more interviews, philo. ksu gets paid by the head, so they don't want to be missing a single one. now if you had TWO heads, wow, you'd have probably got recruited.

end of semester stupid humor. very, very stupid.

why can i type ass and not ****? is it because this is a veterinary forum, and they think we'll need to talk about asses?

So apparently the class is finalized, because this webpage is now popping up with all of our pictures: http://www.vet.ksu.edu/handbook/students/composites.asp?class=2011

I don't know if there are people who still haven't heard yet...though I did note that there are only 102 people, and KSU typically has around 108-110. ???

P.S. Fun to look at everyone's picture and figure out who's who! (Though I'm pretty easy to figure out.) :)

I NEVER heard a word form them either way, yet everytime I called They said "we're still processing you..."

i never heard anything from them either.
there are a lot more males in the class then the average- is that specific for kansas i wonder or are there more applying now?

I NEVER heard a word form them either way, yet everytime I called They said "we're still processing you..."

Wonder why they won't tell you anything. At this point, asking where you stand on their lists seems like a perfectly legit. question! Hope you find out one way or another soon.

On a happier note, I love your new avatar!!:love:

I never heard anything from them either.

I STILL have not heard anything from Kansas... any other out-of-staters in this situation as well?

Nothing. At all.

<-- me neither.

Maybe those storms sucked away some out of state apps??

So apparently the class is finalized, because this webpage is now popping up with all of our pictures: http://www.vet.ksu.edu/handbook/students/composites.asp?class=2011

I don't know if there are people who still haven't heard yet...though I did note that there are only 102 people, and KSU typically has around 108-110. ???

P.S. Fun to look at everyone's picture and figure out who's who! (Though I'm pretty easy to figure out.) :)

This class is definitely not finalized as I just received a call from the Dean two days ago. I declined though since I am going to NC State so don't everyone give up just yet! :)

I've not gotten anything here either.

Rather pathetic really....

Congrats to all KSU class of 2011!!!!! I knew which one cookie was, but didn't want to spill the beans! You'll love her! She rocks. (Wish she was going to MN...)

i finally got my kansas 'rejection'....it said nothing about rejecting me, but thanked me for my money and encouraged me to apply next year. and was very poorly proofread.

i finally got my kansas 'rejection'....it said nothing about rejecting me, but thanked me for my money and encouraged me to apply next year. and was very poorly proofread.

But you'll be going from Indiana to Cali!!! I'm jealous!