Kansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carrbear21

U of Mn CVM c/o 2012
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Spoke with Kansas today.

Interviews were offered based on 2 things:
1) your science GPA with THEIR required courses (avg was 3.6 for those offered interviews)
2) your GRE score with writing averaged out to an 800-score

Just an FYI.

Members don't see this ad.

What makes up the Science GPA for KSU?

I know it is 37credit hours out of their 64 but what 37? This is what I came up with but that comes to 35. Do they throw in 1 elective or Public Speaking (only 2 credit course on their list of 64).

Chemistry I4Chemistry II4General Organic Chemistry3General Organic Chemistry Laboratory2General Biochemistry 3Physics I4Physics II4Principles of Biology or Zoology4Microbiology (with laboratory)4Genetics3

Has anyone heard from Kansas recently??? I'm just waiting (not so) patiently for their letter to come in the mail! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from Kansas recently??? I'm just waiting (not so) patiently for their letter to come in the mail! :)

Nope! But I'm anxiously waiting, too!

I need to stop being anxious because even if they sent the letters on Monday, there is no way they'd make it to the east coast by today. Plus, I'm sure they didn't send them about on Monday. But... I'll still be stalking my mailbox regardless.

I need to stop being anxious because even if they sent the letters on Monday, there is no way they'd make it to the east coast by today. Plus, I'm sure they didn't send them about on Monday. But... I'll still be stalking my mailbox regardless.

You are so not alone! I'm dying here!

FYI, I think KS mailed out the letters on a Tuesday last year. I was anxiously stalking my mailbox, and I didn't get the letter until the following MONDAY (east coast).

Good luck to all you KSU hopefuls!!! :luck: :luck: Would love to see you here next year!!!

Skunked again today. Ahhhhh!! Waiting is so hard...

No mail from Kansas today... but to add to my freaking out, I got some of my neighbors mail today in my box. I'm really hoping that some of my "important mail" doesn't end up in somebody else's apartment mail box... yikes!!!

Waiting here in California too.... :)

No mail from Kansas today... but to add to my freaking out, I got some of my neighbors mail today in my box. I'm really hoping that some of my "important mail" doesn't end up in somebody else's apartment mail box... yikes!!!

Last year a few days after I interviewed at K State, I saw on the news that a mail truck going from Kansas to Denver had caught on fire on I-70! Luckily, it turned out to be a bulk mail truck.

I wish they would have notified us by email as well-l really want to know. (but only if it's good news)

Here's to another day of mailbox stalking. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's to another day of mailbox stalking. :D

This is actually nice, for me. While I'm stuck at work, I know you're going to pounce on the mailman the moment he comes. So there's a fair chance you'll be the early warning system for the rest of us. Thanks! ;)

Well I have class for about an hour but I'll def be running home to check my mailbox, you can bet on that! ;)

hey, i've been browsing for a while but never posted, anyways, my friend called kansas last thursday and they said they were having a harder time then usual picking people, so it could be a few more weeks for them to let us know :(. I'm still stalking my mailbox, but I wouldnt expect anything for a bit longer :(

hey, i've been browsing for a while but never posted, anyways, my friend called kansas last thursday and they said they were having a harder time then usual picking people, so it could be a few more weeks for them to let us know :(. I'm still stalking my mailbox, but I wouldnt expect anything for a bit longer :(

They said a few more weeks?? Were those their words? Oh man. That was my light at the end of the tunnel (or the beginning of next week). Well, I suppose if folks haven't hear anything from them by early next week, KSU will be getting calls and may end up send out an update to stave off the frustrated mobs of applicants.

I just called because I am obsessive and might die if I had to wait another few weeks. :) All the letters went out yesterday. Maybe we'll get them by Saturday over here on the east coast? People who are close to Kansas should be hearing soon though!!!

I just called because I am obsessive and might die if I had to wait another few weeks. :) All the letters went out yesterday. Maybe we'll get them by Saturday over here on the east coast? People who are close to Kansas should be hearing soon though!!!

:eek:

Thank goodness! I was starting to feel about how that girl must have felt at this time last year (or whichever year) when she heard a mail truck going East on I-70 caught fire!!

Oh, man, it's serious nail biting time!:luck:

oo, i'm so glad you called, cause i was too scared to in case they had already decided mine and they either told me no on the phone, or had the "you don't have a chance" voice (even though i think the interview went well, i still worry. maybe they sped it up since my friend called, since they told her a few weeks, making it sound like mid February, which would have been brutal.

Yep, I didn't even tell her who I was, just said that I had already interviewed for Fall 08 and was wondering when they would be sending the letters out. I'm just hoping the USPS is super speedy and that we don't have to wait until Monday.

A little more info after some snooping around old SDN threads... Last year someone called admissions and they said the letters were mailed on 1/30 (Tuesday), however, somebody else said that they were postmarked on 1/31 (Wed). My guess is that they sent them out at the end of the day on Tuesday so they were postmarked on Wed. The first people to recieve their letters got them on Saturday.

so my friend just called kansas again, and they told her that the letters wouldn't be mailed until the middle of next week. i dont know why theyre giving different answers, and hopefully whoever talked to my friend is just uniformed, but if no one gets anything next week, don't panic, because apparently they're giving people different information

Hmmm, I assume your friend did interview right? Because the woman I spoke with (the same one that sent out the interview invites, so I would assume that she is informed) asked if I had interviewed. That's strange that they're giving different dates, however, I wouldn't expect that they would say that letters were sent already if they weren't. I guess the way this process goes though, it's probably never safe to assume.

We shall see soon.

So just for fun, I called, too. I was told that we should receive our letters next week. I asked if the letters had been mailed, and the lady said that she wasn't sure they'd left the university yet. Which I take to mean they've left the office, but perhaps not the university and may not yet be in the hot little hands of USPS.

So, we probably won't get our letters till next week like she said. But still, it sounds as though they have begun the arduous trek to our mailboxes. :)

that is so strange that no ones getting the same answer.

that is so strange that no ones getting the same answer.

My answer is fairly consistent with shuvball's answer. They told her they went out yesterday (I assume from the office) and the woman told me that she wasn't sure they'd left the university yet (again, I assume they had left the office, though). And both of those are consistent with getting the letters next week (especially from the perspective of someone who wants to err on the longer side of things so that we all don't call back again the moment we didn't get a letter at the earliest possible opportunity (tomorrow, Saturday, Monday, etc.).

That's my guess.

whenever they are going to send them..... i hope it's soon!! the suspense is killing me... ahhhh

Thanks all for your super-sleuthing and sharing! So glad to read your posts! Though a double-edged sword--It's nice not to wonder quite so much anymore, but so hard knowing my application's fate is sealed, done, decided, and I'll be waiting probably til Monday to find out!! Fingers crossed for everyone!

It was mentioned to us the other day that KSU had over 1,000 applicants this year... and it was also said that it's not easy picking! So that's a compliment to all of you ;)

I guess most schools, including K-State, have more than 1,000 applicants these days. I believe it was the same last year when I applied.

I don't want to freak anyone out, but I often mail stuff (letters) from here to NJ, and sometimes they reach NJ and NY in three days.

Good luck to everyone! :luck:

Haha Cookie!!! I'm in NJ and I was almost to the point of accepting the fact that I won't be seeing a letter until Monday at the earliest! Oh well, the waiting game is actually a little bit fun (well, as long as the results are good :)). Where else would I get an adrenaline rush like this???

Thanks Cookiebear!

Man, the silence on here is deafening today! shuvball, where are you? I'm missing my early snail mail alert system. :(

But seriously, I assume this means no one got anything in the mail today. So I will drive home at a normal speed. :)

I'm here, I'm here, just writing papers (yuck)!!! No mail today... as was expected. Unfortunately, I have to work tomorrow until 3-4 with no computer access so I will be flying home. I figure if I get pulled over for speeding, I'll just burst into tears about how the answer to my professional future is sitting in my mailbox... that might do the trick, or get me enrolled in therapy ;).

I'm here, I'm here, just writing papers (yuck)!!! No mail today... as was expected. Unfortunately, I have to work tomorrow until 3-4 with no computer access so I will be flying home. I figure if I get pulled over for speeding, I'll just burst into tears about how the answer to my professional future is sitting in my mailbox... that might do the trick, or get me enrolled in therapy ;).

Or you could just let me return the mail checking favor and give me a call. ;) I'm sure it's fun the other way, too, though. :)

I could... maybe on my 15 minute lunch break if we're not ridiculously busy, although I'm sure we will be... it's a Saturday. Or maybe I'll just work through my lunch and try to get out on time, or at least not 3 hours late. :) There will probably be 3 emergency surgeries tomorrow just because I really want to get home to check my mail! Oh the fun of working in a crazy clinic!

For those of you who haven't checked the mail yet today.. still nothing for me! Man, the East Coast never seemed so far away from Kansas before. And of course I have class from 8am-5pm on Monday. It's going to seem interminable!

Nuthin doin here, either. Boo. :(

I got my acceptance letter today from Kansas! My first US school acceptance. YAY. Everyone check your mail. The letter was post marked Jan 31. I am in Colorado however so it did not have to travel far. Good luck everyone!

CONGRATS!!!! Well... at least we know that they are for sure in the mail! It looks like Monday is gonna be the big day!

I'll try to pretend like I'm not freaking out, but I totally am. C'mon MONDAY. (Never thought I'd say THAT.)

Congrats, dustman! Where else did you apply/interview?

I'll try to pretend like I'm not freaking out, but I totally am. C'mon MONDAY. (Never thought I'd say THAT.)

Congrats, dustman! Where else did you apply/interview?

Accepted at edinburgh / kansas, and i have an interview at atlantic, rejected from csu, waiting to hear from davis. California resident so we will see what happens. Super excited about kansas though!

ahh!! i can't wait for monday!

KSU letter tomorrow?!?! Yikes! :eek:

got a letter from Kansas yesterday...i was selected as an alternate :scared:. i'm hoping i'm at the top of the list!
so, the letter was dated Jan 30th and I live in dc. i'm thinking tomorrow will be your day for all of those who are still waiting. good luck!!!!

ahhh ahhh ahhh!!! waiting is such torture... :eek:

got a letter from Kansas yesterday...i was selected as an alternate :scared:. i'm hoping i'm at the top of the list!
so, the letter was dated Jan 30th and I live in dc. i'm thinking tomorrow will be your day for all of those who are still waiting. good luck!!!!

Congrats RubyJoe! Will they tell you where you are on the list if you call? Im not familiar with that school protocal?

ahhh ahhh ahhh!!! waiting is such torture... :eek:

Seriously! My PO box mail isn't guaranteed to be in until 9:15am, but I'm going before my 8am class JUST IN CASE. How am I supposed to concentrate in lab until 5pm knowing what might be waiting for me in the mail?!